18. Conniving shopping trip

"Your abnormally happy today," mom commented with a laugh.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a huge grin that I couldn't seem to wipe off my face today.

"Hmm? Maybe because you've been energetic, social, and you haven't stopped smiling since you woke up this morning?" she suggested with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at her and shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I'm just in a good mood today."
It technically wasn't a lie that I was in a good mood, but I knew the exact reason why I was in such a good mood today.
I guess waking up to a text from Leo saying, 'Morning Eathy. 😊 I had a great time last night. Oh, and feel free to give my clothes back whenever. Or just keep them, as you looked better in them than I ever have, 😉' put me in one of the best moods I've ever been in
And I've been in a good mood ever since.

"Well, I'm glad for whatever reason you're actually out here being social and not in your dungeon," dad remarked.

"Dungeon? I always open my blinds when I wake up," I retorted.

"Really? Because every time I go in there, it's always dark as hell," Drew remarked as he plopped down on the couch beside me.

"You never come in my bedroom until after 5, so yeah, I do close my blinds when it's dark, outside." I sent him a smirk which he rolled his eyes at.

"Whatever," Drew grumbled as he turned back to his phone.

My own phone vibrated on the table, and I leaned over, scooping it up and turning it on.

From: Abbster.

Hey Eath, you wanna give me all those lavish details about your date? 😉
I have to pick up a present for Tina and I'm forcing Will to go to the mall with me. Wanna come?

Sure.
What time are you picking me up?

About half an hour.
Or do you need more time to make yourself look beautiful? 😏

Don't call me beautiful. 😡
And that's fine, I'm already ready to go.

What, is your boyfriend the only one who calls you that? 😜

He doesn't call me beautiful.
And he's not my boyfriend. 😡

Mmhmm. I'll see you soon. 😙

I was blushing -yet again- at Abby calling Leo my boyfriend, as he clearly wasn't my boyfriend. We've only hung out once, and been on one date, and I met his parents, and...

Oh God, is he my boyfriend?

I shook that thought out of my head as I laid my phone back down on the coffee table. "Abby's gonna pick me up in half an hour and we're gonna hang out. Is that okay?"

Dad glanced up from his book and raised his eyebrows. "Sure, it's fine with me." He turned to mom with his eyebrows raised, silently getting her consent as well.

"It's fine with me." She shrugged, turning back to her computer and frowning at it before furiously typing something.

"Where are you going?" Drew interrupted.