7. We Need To Have An Intervention

A/N This is Twinkie: A.K.A Ethan's dog even though she's supposed to be a family dog.

I was laying in bed watching YouTube with my dog Twinkie curled up beside me. My comforter was pulled up to my neck, keeping out the unusually cold air, and I was all comfy and cozy. I've pretty much been in my bedroom for the past three days, except to eat and go to the bathroom. Pathetic, I know, but I've just generally felt like shit lately, so I haven't even attempted to act like a normal human being...and the whole situation that happened on Sunday was playing over and over in my head, bringing back memories that I didn't want to unleash.

Twinkie was completely crashed out next to me (snoring away), then she suddenly jumped up and galloped over to my bedroom door, her tail wagging a mile a minute.
I pulled one of my earbuds out and sat up, figuring she needed to go to the bathroom or something, but before I could even get up, the door opened. My Mom poked her head in, and said somewhat mischievously, "You have visitors."

"Long time, no see," Abby remarked as she stepped through the door and bent down to scratch Twinkie's chest. Twinkie's leg started impulsively kicking and her lips curled into a big doggy smile as Abby scratched her.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as Abby stood up.

Her lips curled into a devilish smile. "We're here to kidnap you, of course."

"We're?" I questioned, confused as to who the other person in this equation was.

Will stepped into my bedroom, a sly grin on his lips. "I would be the other half of that equation." He grinned, apparently knowing exactly what I was thinking. One of the things I loved and hated about my two friends was that they could read my mind like a damn book.

"Did you bring the pillowcase?" Abby asked Will, her tone entirely serious.

He shook his head as his expression sobered, though his eyes were still full of humor. "No, I forgot it."

"You guys have fun," Mom sang as she waved and closed the door.

I glanced between Abby and Will, completely, and utterly confused. They managed to keep up their little charade for a few more seconds before they both burst into laughter.

Will collapsed on my bed next to me, sobering from his laughing fit, and took his baseball cap off--revealing the faint hint of hair scattered across his skull. "Now, let's get down business," he said as he slipped his hat back on and rubbed his hands together like a villain in a movie.

"What the hell are you two up to?" I accused, sending both of them a glare that said I was done with their antics.

"We're getting you out of this house for two reasons," Will said and dramatically held his hand up, one finger extended. "1. So your poor mother can clean your room, because damn..."

Abby and Will glanced around my room that was typically immaculate, but had turned into a complete mess lately; piles of homework littered my desk, random shit littered every available surface, and my dirty were clothes starting to create small mountains on the hardwood floor.

I cringed, my cheeks flushing at the horrendous state my room was in. "Yeeeah... I haven't cleaned in a while."

"A while?" Abby sputtered. "It looks like a fucking tornado came through here."

I picked up my pillow and threw it across the bed at Abby. She caught it and hugged it to her chest, her emerald eyes filled with mischief.

"As I was saying..." Will drawled, which earned an eye roll from Abby. "Reason number two is that you're explaining to us why you haven't left this room, texted either of us back, and for just acting like a general asshole for the last few days."