28 - Were You On America's Next Top Model?

Wake Me Up - Avicii

28 - Were You On America's Next Top Model?

Word count: 1466

Sorry it's short. 

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."

***

One week later

It's been a week. A freaking week since Jason I last saw Jason. I tried calling, texting and emailing him but he hasn't replied. After speaking to Callum last week, I had my mind solely set on talking to Jason but when I got home, I found out he had left. Why? I don't know. Its like he's disappeared off the face of the earth. 

Casey noticed my agitation and tried calling his agent but even he doesn't know where Jason is. At first, I was pissed. Beyond pissed actually. But now, I'm just worried. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. No matter what, he's still my friend.

Callum hasn't been at school for the past couple of days. I'm glad he's gone off for some alone time. I just hope he's studying because exams are getting closer.

Despite my concern for Jason though, I have been trying to make the most of my time at school. My head had been so wrapped up in worry about seeing my old friends, being perfect and trying to make amends, I let the simple things pass. Now, as the days draw closer to exams and then prom, which leads to graduation, I am realizing that I should focus on the people I have around me. And my exams of course.

So, when I'm not revising, calling Jason or in lessons, I'm hanging out with my friends. Since Callum is away, Brock has been with us and has been trying to talk to Hannah. Hannah is less hostile around him but she still doesn't talk to him. It's still progress though.

It's been fun hanging out with them. The other night, we went bowling and I won. What was even better was that no one noticed me and the paparazzi were nowhere to be seen. I felt normal.

This weekend, I have my photo shoot with Jason and I'm utterly clueless on what's going to happen. I think he will turn up to the shoot but Casey and Alan think otherwise.

I hope he turns up so I can talk to him.

***

Saturday

I think its a crime, having to be up at seven o'clock in the morning. Right now, I must look like a walking zombie to everyone. I'm grateful that the press don't know my whereabouts yet.

After driving two hours last night from home to this town where the photo shoot will be, I'm knackered. When doing shoots, you have to be there nice and early so they can prepare you. From previous experiences, I have spent the whole day being dolled up, photographer and then dolled up again. They re-apply the make-up every hour or so and sometimes, it can take forever. Plus, I have to have outfit changes.

All in all, its one big nightmare. I don't know how full-time models put up with it.

I have precisely half an hour until I have to be in the studio so I decide to get a caffeinated drink. Hopefully, it will wake me up.

Not long after leaving the hotel, I find a cafe. I mean, it's not hard to find a cafe in a major city.

I enter it, the sweet smell of pastries and coffee overcoming me. The cafe is relatively empty, with only a few well-dressed adults sipping on their drinks whilst dreading the work they have to do on a weekend day - Saturday.