2 - A Colorless Painting (part 2)

No Lie - Sean Paul feat. Dua Lipa

2- A Colorless Painting (part 2)

I updated parts 1 and 2 of this. So remember to read both!!  

Word count: 1891

"Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that's beautiful." 

 Rashida Jones

***

"Wassup guys?" Aries yells excitedly, dropping his food tray on the table loudly. A few people give curiously look our way but quickly avert their eyes when they see its Aries. He's pretty big around here for being that adorable but great guy. If I wasn't hopelessly in love with Callum, I would probably have a crush on Aries.

"Ugh, its you again," Athena complains, dramatically dropping her head onto the table. Normally, the two of them would argue about pointless things. They do it to wind each other up and have a laugh. They make act like they despise each other but you can see the love shining in their eyes. They would never intentionally hurt each other. Sometimes I envy them a lot. I wish my two older brothers and I would have a relationship like them.

Martin is in his first year at college. We used to be close but when he hit his teenage years, he changed. Gone was his baby sister who was the only girl for him, instead it was one night stands. I was replaced with cheerleaders, star athletes, and model—worthy girls. He attends our local college so he's still at home but I never see him. Martin is either studying or partying. Most days, I don't utter a single word to him.

My other older brother, Brock is in the same year as me. He was born in September whilst I was born in July. We also used to be close. At one time, it was Brock, Callum and me. But now Brock hangs out with the soccer team and the cheerleaders. He doesn't even spare me a glance at school.

My two brothers honestly can't be bothered with me anymore. And it hurts. A lot. Its like a knife is piercing my heart every time I'm in the same room as them. At breakfast, they would talk to each other but would ignore me. I miss the way things used to be. We all loved each other so much but now...I don't even exist.

My parents are always busy as well. They're both lawyers, good lawyers. If they're not working on a hard case, they are spending time with each other. On the very rare occasion, mom would take me shopping or dad would take all three of us out for lunch. Basically, I was raised by the amazing Mia. Our housemaid. In the Claire household, Mia is the only one who seems to notice me.

"You know you love me really." Aries smugly retorts, shoving a bit of mash in his mouth. Athena and I both scrunch our noses in disgust and look away.

"Where's Callum?" I ask the both of them, looking around the lunch room. Callum is normally here, messing around with us. Also, he promised he would see me today. Callum splits his time at lunch with us and the football team. So does Aries. Athena always sits with me though because she knows I will be sat alone if she left.

"Missing him already?" Athena teases.

I scowl at her, "no. I'm just wondering."

"Oh look!" She springs up in her seat. "There...he is, with Lily."

Instantly, dread fills me. Why would Callum be with Lily? The infamous cheer captain who has made it her life mission to ruin me? Surely its a mistake.