23 - Girl Troubles

Party In The USA - Miley Cyrus

23 - Girl Troubles

Word count: 1935

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep balance, you have to keep moving."

- Albert Einstine

***

"She's a bitch. She's ruining my life. How can she have such control over my life?" I blabber, pacing up and down in my room. Casey, who is sat on my bed, gives me a sad smile. After Lulu left, Casey came up to my room and tried to calm me down.

"Whitney." She calls but I ignore her. "Whitney." Still, I ramble on about my displeasure for Lulu. "Whitney!" My head snaps to her at her loud, angry voice. Widening my eyes, I stop pacing and stare dumbly at her. "You need to stop doing this to yourself, it's not healthy. Everything will be fine, it will all work out."

Whilst I normally finding Casey's talks helpful and insighting, this time I do not. My whole life is just spinning out of control. Ever since I came back here, everything has been going wrong. I knew coming back would be a bad idea.

"No, it won't. I have messed up too many times." I argue, my knees wanting to give out.

Casey sighs and runs a hand through her black hair. For once, she doesn't have anything to say.

***

"I'm so sorry this is happening." Jason apologizes when we get into his car. Lulu had ordered Alan before she left yesterday to not drive me to school. Instead, he is to follow us in another car. "Trust me when I say I don't want this to happen either. I tried to tell my agent to not let this happen but he's an asshole. This is going to be awkward for both of us."

Fastening my seat belt, I nod my head. I'm not going to blame Jason because this isn't his fault. He is just as much of a victim as me.

"It's okay. We will get through this together." I reassure him, taking his hand and squeezing it. Jason looks me in the eyes and smiles.

With a glint in his eyes, he replies. "I'm really happy we're friends Whitney."

"Me too." I smile.

With that, Jason starts the engine and pulls out of my driveway. Surprisingly, all of the paparazzi have disappeared. I'm betting that Lulu tipped someone off, telling them to go to the school. She wants Jason and I's kiss to be on the front page of every magazine.

"Jason, h - have you ever been in love?" I ask him, hesitantly.

He doesn't answer straight away. The car stops when we reach some traffic lights and he begins to drum his fingers on the steering wheel almost nervously.

"Well," he sighs. "I guess I might as well tell you now. I am in love."

Gasping in shock, I sit straight up in my seat. He never told me!

Jason avoids eye contact with me, instead focusing on the road in front of us.

"What didn't you tell me?" I question, hurt laced in my voice. "Who is it? Do I know her?"

Jason presses his lips together and pretends he didn't hear my questions. He accelerates when the lights turn green and to drown out the silence, he turns on the radio. Many times I attempt to delve into the conversation deeper but he doesn't allow it.

"Why are you ignoring me? I do know her, don't I?" Still, I get no answer. I let out a frustrated groan and turn my attention to the window. If he's going to pretend I don't exist right now, I will do the same.