24 - To The Rescue

Yellow - Coldplay

24 - To The Rescue

Word count: 1811

"Trust is built with consistency."

- Lincoln Chafee

***

Finally, the school bell rings, signaling another school day gone. Another day bites the dust.

Slowly, I drag myself to my locker to swap books and then head outside. My eyes search for Jason, who is supposed to be picking me up. Well, that's what he's been doing for the past week now.

Ever since Jason and I kissed in the parking lot, we've been acting like a couple. He drives me to and back from school every day and he even took me out on the weekend. Only because he was ordered to by Lulu though. For the first few days of our official 'public' declaration, the tabloids went mad. The peck I gave Jason was everywhere. All I heard on the radio was people's thoughts on us 'dating'.

It drove me so mad. But now its beginning to die down. Sure, reporters try and snap a few pictures of us together and headline it with something ridiculous but people are starting to get used to us together. Casey told me last night that Vogue has contacted Lulu and announced the first shoot will be next week.

I actually forgot why I was dating Jason. Everything started feeling so real and natural. Jason has been a real sweetheart. Every time we're about to kiss, he asks for my permission. When he wants to hold my hand, he will give me an uncertain look. Basically, he lets me make the first move.

But as sweet as he is, it doesn't make up for how bad things are going between Callum and I. He can't even look me in the eye anymore. The tension between us is so intense that I can't be in a room with him for longer than five minutes without wanting to bawl my eyes out. I keep telling myself that I'm that strong and courageous woman who has doesn't cry but my mini pep talks just don't have the same impact anymore.

I don't believe myself anymore.

This flawless act I had been putting on for so long is fading. I'm becoming more like Anastasia again. Whitney and Anastasia are merging, to become someone new. To become both of them.

Maybe that can be a good thing if I continue to stay here. But when I do eventually go back to Hollywood, it won't be. Anastasia, the lonely, low self-esteemed girl would never survive the harsh reality of fame.

***

Brock and Hannah have barely spoken to each other since their fight. Hannah keeps giving Brock disgusted looks. Brock always wears a devastated expression on his face. A massive part of me feels guilty. It's my fault they are currently fighting. If I hadn't told Hannah, she wouldn't be hating him right now.

But then again, if I kept it a secret, Hannah would find out one day and she would be just as mad.

Either way, I am starting to regret telling her. Maybe I should have left it to Brock.

Because of all of the drama, our group has split. Athena, Hannah and occasionally Ares eat with me outside whilst Brock and Callum eat indoors.

Everything just makes me want to scream so loudly at everyone. Or alternatively, kidnap everyone and talk.

"Hey Hannah," I smile softly, searching the parking lot for Jason. "Have you seen Jason?"

Hannah replies by shaking her head no. I sigh and comb a hand through my unruly blonde locks.