Dirt Road Diary

Chapter 39- Double Date

Dear Diary:

We're going to have a double date with Alli and Merle. It's been a while since we've spent time with them. Daryl and I have been in our own little world, spending all of our free time alone. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm looking forward to seeing Alli though.

-Josie

*Josie's POV*

"Ya ready", Daryl asks walking into the bathroom doorway, leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed across his muscular chest.

"Almost", I respond while applying the final touches of my mascara before closing it and placing it back in my black makeup bag.

I turn my head and my breath catches as I take in the sexy redneck in front of me. My eyes roam up his sexy body starting at his dirty brown work boots, to his dark jeans that are just tight enough to show the large size of his manhood underneath, then up to the dark blue button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, the top three buttons undone exposing the white wifebeater underneath. My eyes continue moving up to his slightly chapped lips, a smirk tugging at the corner, that is framed by his freshly groomed goatee, finally landing on his sparkling "Dixon" blues.

"Ya gonna stare at me all nigh' or are we gonna go", Daryl smirks.

"I'm gonna stare for a couple more minutes, then we can go", I wink with a smile causing Daryl to shake his head with a chuckle.

He steps aside so I can exit the bathroom, watching me from the hallway while I walk into our bedroom. I slip on my brown cowboy boots and look at myself in my floor length mirror. I'm wearing a white lacy flowy sundress that comes to mid- thigh and shows a little bit of cleavage, a wide brown belt accentuates my tiny waist. My long dark brown hair is curled and hanging down my back, my eyes are painted with light brown and outlined with dark brown eyeliner, my lips painted a soft pink. I pull on my dark denim jacket before exiting the bedroom, turning off the light on my way out.

"Ya ready", Daryl asks as I walk into the living room.

"Yes baby", I smile while picking up my small brown purse and following my sexy husband out the door, my eyes locked on his sexy ass all the way to the truck.

AT THE BAR

Daryl opens the door, allowing me to step inside first, his large warm hand gently resting on my lower back as the strong stench of cigarettes and stale liquor fills my nostrils.

We slowly make our way to the back of the bar where Alli and Merle are already sitting at a small table near the pool tables.

"Josie", Alli grins as she quickly jumps up and wraps her bony arms around my neck. I return the tight hug before we sit down at the table with our Dixon men.

"I gotta take a piss", Merle slurs loudly as he stands to his feet, almost bumping into a balding middle aged man in the process.

"I'm gonna git a couple beers", Daryl mumbles before climbing to his feet and making his way towards the bar leaving me and Alli alone at the table.

"How are you and Merle", I ask her.

"We're good", she shrugs, "I've been hoping he will ask me to marry him."

Merle isn't the marrying type but I don't have the heart to tell Alli that.

"Maybe he will", I smirk.

Merle loudly returns, plopping down beside Alli with another beer in his large hand.

Daryl follows soon after with 2 beers. He hands one to me before sitting down beside me.