Dirt Road Diary

Chapter 30- Don't Give Your Heart To a Dixon

Dear Diary:

Daryl told me that he loves me and he apologized.  I don't know if I believe him or not.  I do know that I love him and want him to mean what he said.  Why can't I have a good stable relationship?

-Josie

*Daryl's POV*

I pull into a parking spot in front of Josie's apartment.  I haven't been here in a week, when I tried to apologize'n tell 'er I love 'er.

"Thanks Daryl", Alli sniffles,  barely lookin at me, her red swollen eyes glossy with tears. 

I give a slight nod as she slowly opens the door,  a gust of cold air rushin in 'n fillin  my warm cab. She climbs out, glances at me for a long second before closin the door 'n walkin to the apartment she shares with Josie.  I watch 'er disappear inside while the cab fills with warmth again.

"Should I try to talk to Josie again?", I wonder aloud. "Nah", I decide before backin out the spot and pullin away.

*Josie's POV*

I'm sitting on my bed, staring at a picture of Daryl that I took of him and Merle at the car show in Atlanta.  They're standing in front of a small cobalt blue Mazda with rims, a large spoiler, and blacked out windows. Merle has a huge grin on his face while Daryl has a ghost of a smirk on his lips, they are both looking at the camera,  Merle flipping the camera the bird.

I hear the front door open and then close.

"Josie", Alli calls as her footsteps get closer to the hall.

"In my room", I call back n A couple seconds later,  my bedroom door opens revealing a bloodshot, red faced Alli.

"What's wrong", I ask, my voice filled with concern.

Alli slowly walks over to my bed and sits down in front of me. 

"Merle...he...I", she sobs.

"What did Merle do", I ask.

"I went to see Merle and he was doin blow off of Marissa's pale skanky stomach", she explains before sobbing into her hands.

"Oh my God", I say,"What an ass."

"My car wouldn't start when I tried to leave", she continues, "Merle wouldn't even drive me home...said I'm not his problem. "

"How'd you get home", I ask.

"Daryl", she sobs,"He's gonna look at my car for me tomorrow. "

"That's nice of him," I respond, unsure of what else to say.

Alli just nods in her hands.

"You want a drink", I ask.

"Yeah", she whispers,  looking up at me.

"Come on". I say, standing up from my bed. Alli follows me out of my bedroom and into the living room.

She plops down on the couch while I go to the kitchen, grab a full bottle of"Southern Comfort" and two shot glasses before joining her on the couch.

I set the shot glasses on the coffee table, open the bottle, filling the glasses. I hand one shot glass to Alli while raising the other.

"Fuck the Dixon men", I say.

"Fuck 'em", Alli agrees. We both throw it back, the warm liquid burning my throat.

We down a few more in silence before feeling the effects take over.

"How are you doing", Alli asks, breaking the silence.

" Ok...I guess", I shrug.

"You startin to get over Daryl", she asks, slurring her words a little.

"No", I whisper , shaking my head, hot tears rolling down my hot cheeks," I miss him so much."

"This is why you don't give your heart to a Dixon", Alli says with a slight smile.

"It's too late for that", I reply forcing a slight smile in return.

"Why do Dixon men have to be so sexy", I ask causing Alli to giggle.

"Don't know...to drive us crazy", Alli shrugs causing us both to giggle.

*Daryl's POV*

I walk in the back door to see Merle slobberin all over Marissa, the town whore. She's given more rides than Greyhound.

"Wha tha hell Merle", I spat.

"Wha's yer problem Darlina", he smirks. causing Marissa to roll her eyes.

"Wha bout Alli", I mumble.

"Wha bout 'er", he retorts,"She ain't nuthin but a fuck."

"Yer a piece of work", I mumble shakin my head in disgust.

"Yer a pussy", Merle smirks,"Grow a pair."

I just shake my head and walk to my room while Merle goes back to slobberin on tha whore.

"I ain't no pussy", I mumble to myself wit a frown while layin down on my back on my bed, placin my hands behind my head.

My mind drifts to Josie. I miss 'er so damn much. I soon drift into a deep sleep.

*Josie's POV*

"Are you gonna forgive Daryl", Alli asks before taking another shot of "Jack Daniels".

I shrug. "Maybe...eventually."

"He feels bad about everything", Alli tells me,"I think he's learned his lesson. "

"I just don't want him to keep hurting me", I explain,"Derek broke me enough."

"Daryl is broken enough, you know", Alli states.

"I know", I shrug," Damaged people gravitate towards each other. "

"Me, you, and the Dixon brothers bring being broken to a while nother level", Alli says seriously.

"That's why we're drawn to them like magnets to a fridge", I smirk.

We both burst into fits of drunken laughter as we compare our relationships with the Dixons to random shit.

After being stupid funny for a while, we decide to go to bed. We say our goodnights before disappearing inside our rooms.

I change into navy blue pajama pants that have the "Notre Dame" logo on the hip. and a white t-shirt before climbing into bed and drifting off into a deep sleep.