Dirt Road Diary (Daryl & Merle Dixon Pre-Apocalyptic Story)

Chapter 16- Don't Want Her To Feel That Way Again

Dear Diary:

I haven't heard from Derek in a a couple weeks. Maybe he has finally got the hint and will leave me alone. Me and Daryl are becoming really close too. Everything is PERFECT!

-Josie

THE NEXT DAY

*Josie's POV*

I am walking through the parking garage to my car after a long shift at the hospital. It's so late that there isn't anyone else around, despite the many parked cars, almost filling the garage. The only sounds are my shoes hitting the pavement with each step I take and the sound of my exhausted breathing.

I already have my keys in hand as I walk quickly to my car. I press the button on my remote, unlocking the door as I approach my car. Before I can open the door, I am grabbed by the arm by a large strong hand, being shoved into the square concrete column next to my Mustang. My body shakes in fear while my brain struggles to remember what to do.

The stronge hand of my attacker is tightly gripping my throat, making it difficult to breathe, while his large muscular body is pressed against my tiny one, using all of his weight to hold me in place. My eyes fill with fear as I stare into his brown ones that are full of rage and evil. I attempt to struggle, but quickly give up for his body weighing me down makes it impossible.

"I'm gonna kill ya this time bitch", the all too familiar voice whispers, his hot breath fans across my face while the strong smell of cigarettes and whiskey fill my nostrils causing me to gag. I feel a stinging pain as his large hand makes contact with my cheek. A hard blow immediately follows. I begin to become lightheaded as my vision becomes spooty with every blow right before everything goes black.

My eyes flutter open being met with a pair of beautiful worry filled blue ones. While I am getting lost in them, I realize that my body is laying on a cold hard surface while my head is being cradled in a soft warmth.

"Daryl, what happened", I whisper, sending me into a coughing fit due to my dry sore throat.

"Ya were attacked", he responds, his voice laced with anger and concern.

I slowly sit up with Daryl's help before tightly wrapping my arms around his neck. His body stiffens for a split second before relaxing and wrapping his strong arms around my tiny waist. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, breathing in his manly comforting scent. He holds me for what feels like hours but is actually only minutes before I feel my body being lifted off the cold concrete. Daryl carries me bridal style to his truck, opening the passenger door before gently setting me inside the warm cab and climbing into the driver seat. I scoot over to the middle of the bench seat so I am sitting against his warm body.

My body shakes with sobs as the weight of the events hit me. Daryl wraps his strong arm around my waist, pulling me into him while I bury my face into his muscular shoulder and cry, soaking the shoulder of his blue t-shirt.

After a few minutes of crying, I am finally able to calm the sobs. While not removing my head from his shoulder, we ride in silence the remainder of the ride to his house.

Once we arrive, Daryl climbs out of the cab of my truck before turning around, taking my hand  and helping me to climb out of the driver side.  He leads me to his backdoor, never letting go of my hand. Once inside, I sit down on the couch while Daryl goes into the kitchen, grabbing an ice pack from the freezer before walking into the small living room and handing it to me. I place the ice pack on my swollen sore cheek while Daryl sits down next to me. I glance over at Daryl to find him watching me, worry written on his face.