Dirt Road Diary (Daryl & Merle Dixon Pre-Apocalyptic Story)

Chapter 11- If The Fall Don't Kill You

Dear Diary:

It has been a couple weeks since I forgave Derek. He has been extra nice and affectionate in that time. My gut tells me not to trust him though. I haven't seen Daryl since I tried to apologize to him at the diner. My parents are having a cookout today and I am to bring Derek. I have to get ready, Derek will be here in an hour to get me.

-Josie

*Josie's POV*

Josie's Parents Backyard

I am standing in the backyard at my parent's, my long dark hair is blowing in the breeze, as is my knee length pink spagetti strap sundress, my brown strappy sandle flats are sunk into the freshly manicured grass, my pink manicured hands gripping a red solo cup of iced sweet tea. I am surrounded by 5 of my high school friends (Lacy, MaryBeth, Luke, Brad, & Matt), just catching up. Derek is around somewhere (Not that I care), as long as I don't have him hanging on me.

*Derek's POV*

I am standing on the patio with Josie's dad and 3 of his gray headed friends. We are involved in a conversation about politics when I notice Josie standing with her friends. I watch while she is laughing and talking when one of the guys puts his hand on her shoulder while whispering something in her ear.

"Excuse me", I smile at the men before walking over to Josie. My body is filling with rage. That stupid slut is messing around on me. HELL NO!

*Josie's POV*

I am talking and having a great time, Matt lays his hand on my shoulder and whispers in my ear,"Looks like daddy likes loverboy."

His remark makes me giggle as I look over towards Derek and the men. I see Derek walking quickly towards me. He looks pissed.

Once he reaches me, Derek grabs my hand and pulls me inside the house. He doesn't say a word while he pulls me upstairs, into my old bedroom, closing the door behind us. Once inside my room, he pushes me so I am sitting on the edge of my bed. He kneels down to my level, staring me in the eyes when he asks, "Why?"

"Why what", I choke out in a whisper. My heart is pounding in my chest while fear fills my eyes, not sure of what he is going to me.

"You know what, whore", he spats as he stands up.

"I don't know what you are talking about", I whisper while tears well up into my eyes.

"I saw you", he spats while keeping his voice down so nobody hears him.

I just look up at him watching him pace in front of me. I watch his fists clenching until his knuckles are white, his eyes filled with rage.

I stand up so we are no face to face. "I haven't done anything", I say, I rush out of the room before he can stop me. I began decending the stairs with Derek right behind me. There is no one in the foyer, Derek rushes past me, stopping on the step in front of me. He is trying to say something to me in a whisper but I just ignore him. He grabs my arm trying to stop me and pulls. A sharp pain shoots through my shoulder as my body rolls down each step. When my body comes to a stop, a throbbing pain shoots through my head causing my vision to blur. I can hear muffled voices around me right before everything goes black.

*Alli's POV*

I walk in the front door to see Josie hit the floor at the bottom of the stairs, Derek glances at me before he runs down the remaining stairs yelling her name and saying "Oh my god."

I kneel down next to a now unconscience Josie. Tears begin to roll down my cheek. "Josie, wake up."

"What happened", Aunt Blanche(Josie's mom) asks rushing to her side.