Dirt Road Diary

Chapter 36-Rehearsal

Dear Diary:

Last night was my bachelorette party. Alli and a few friends had a party at one of their houses. There was drinking, dancing, and even a male stripper. Alli's idea of a wedding present. Merle took Daryl out to celebrate his last couple days as a single man. Daryl didn't want to go but his brother made him. There's no telling where they went or what they did but I guarantee there were strippers involved. I have to get ready for my rehearsal this evening.

-Josie

*Josie's POV*

I'm currently at my apartment with Alli, Merle, and my almost husband getting dressed for our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Alli moved out a couple weeks ago and moved in with Merle while Daryl moved into my apartment.

Daryl and Merle are already dressed in the khakis and white polo shirts that I bought for them to wear tonight and their dirty boots, I couldn't get them to wear any other shoes. Alli and I are wearing knee length spaghetti strap dresses, mine is light pink and hers is lavender, and matching silver strappy high heels. Our hair is styled in a french twist with loose curls framing our faces. My eyes are painted with light pink eyeshadow and outlined with black eyeliner, my lips painted a light pink. Alli's eyes are painted with a light purple eyeshadow and outlined with black eyeliner, her lips are painted a soft pink.

"I hate this shit", Merle complains from the living room.

"Fuck...me too", Daryl agrees.

Alli and I just look at each other and laugh.

"Now it won't kill you boys to clean up every once in a while", I say, walking into the living room.

"That's easy for ya to say princess", Merle complains," Ya are used to this shit."

Daryl's eyes are roaming my body, a smirk tugging at his lips. My cheeks heat up, a smile spreading across my face.

"You clean up pretty well", I compliment Daryl as I stand in front of him before pressing my lips against his in a soft loving kiss, my arms wrapping around his neck as his arms snake around my waist, pulling my body against his.

"We better go before we're late", I say, pulling away from Daryl and grabbing my silver clutch purse from the bar.

I paid Merle off to behave himself and mind his manners. I just hope it works.

A WHILE LATER

We pull into my parent's driveway, there are already a couple cars parked in the driveway. We decided to have our wedding ceremony by my parent's lake and the reception is going to be in my parent's backyard.

Daryl and I climb out of my car while Merle and Alli climb out of Merle's truck.

"Let's git this shit over with", Merle complains as soon as he is out of his truck.

"Quit complaining", Alli says, rolling her eyes.

"Don' tell me wha' ta do", Merle snaps.

"Behave Merle", I warn. He just heaves a heavy sigh and makes his way to the big red front door, Alli by his side. Daryl takes my hand in his.

"Ya look beautiful", he whispers in my ear as we slowly make our way to the house. Alli and Merle are already inside.

"Thank you baby, you look very handsome", I smile.

We step inside to find my mom talking to the preacher who will be marrying us. She looks so beautiful in a cream knee length dress and a matching jacket with quarter sleeves and matching heels. Her hair and makeup perfect as always. Her eyes land on Daryl and I, a huge smile spreads across her face as she excuses herself and quickly makes her way to us.