Dirt Road Diary

Chapter 38- Birthday Boy

Dear Diary:

It's been 2 months since I became Mrs. Daryl Dixon. My wonderful husband's birthday is coming up and I've already gotten his present and dinner is planned. I hope he enjoys his birthday. I just want to make him as happy as he makes me.

-Josie

*Josie's POV*

Today's Daryl's birthday so I'm making a romantic dinner. 

I'm standing in front of the stove in my short red dress that clings to my tiny, curvy figure,  exposing just enough cleavage to leave something to the imagination,  not that Daryl has to use his, my tan muscular legs are accentuated by black 4" strappy stilettos. My usually long straight dark brown hair is curled and piled on top of my head. My big blue eyes are outlined with black eyeliner, my lips are painted a shiny red.

I'm watching the steaks sizzling in the skillet when a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist, startling me. 

"Smells good", a rough southern voice whispers in my ear,  his hot breath fanning my bare neck, sends chills down my spine and a smile to spread across my face.

"Happy Birthday babe", I smile, turning around in his arms,  my lips gently pressing against his.

"Go wash up", I say against his lips,"Dinner's almost ready."

Daryl places a gentle kiss on my cheek before disappearing into the bathroom.  A few minutes later, he returns with clean hands and face.

" Go sit down and relax birthday boy", I tell him with a smile, handing him an open beer.

Daryl sighs, taking the beer from my hand. "Uhh...thank ya", he mumbles uncomfortably. 

"You're welcome", I smile before turning back to the food cooking on the stove while Daryl goes into the living room, plopping down on the couch and turning on the t.v.

I set the table, placing a bottle of wine and two wine glasses on the table. I then light the two red candles that are nestled in the silver candlesticks in the middle of the table.

I place Daryl's rare steak and a baked potato on a plate then my well done steak on another plate before placing them on the table.

"Dinner's ready", I announce while pouring red wine into the wine glasses.

We sitdown at the beautifully decorated table and begin eating in a comfortable silence.

After dinner, I take our plates to the kitchen, setting them in the sink before taking the chocolate cake out of the refrigerator, placing it on the counter.

The cake is decorated with chocolate icing and has "Happy Birthday Daryl" written in blue icing.  I grab 3 blue candles and stick them in the center of the cake before lighting them with my pink lighter and placing it on the table in front of a blushing Daryl.

"Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday My Daryl...Happy Birthday to you", I sing.

Daryl smirks uncomfortably,  his face as red as a tomato as he blows out the candles.

I cut two pieces of cake,  placing them on two small plates before handing one to Daryl.

"Birthday Boy gets first piece", I smile earning a smirk in return.

After cake, I clear the table and clean the kitchen while Daryl takes a shower.

"Thank ya", I hear from behind me while standing in front of the sink washing dishes.