Dirt Road Diary (Daryl & Merle Dixon Pre-Apocalyptic Story)

Chapter 18- Wild Weekend

Dear Diary:

After another hour of driving, we finally arrive at the motel in Atlanta. It is a step up from "Bates Motel". All four of us are sharing a room. Great, being stuck in a small space with Merle overnight, this should be fun. That was sarcasm. Here we go.

-Josie

*Josie's POV*

After we check in and unload the truck, we decide to explore Atlanta, find something to do. We find a small bar a couple miles down the road.

ONE HOUR LATER

I am on my 3rd beer, Alli is on her 5th one. We've been sitting at a small round table next to the pool tables watching Merle and Daryl play pool while taking shots of "Southern Comfort" and chasing it with beer. I stand up to my full height, flashing Daryl a flirtatious smile as I walk by, his eyes following me. I walk to the bathrooms near the front door, ignoring the drunk, hungry stares on the way.

I step out of the stall when a large hand covers my mouth while another wraps around my waist shoving me backwards into the stall.

"Shut up whore", a familiar deep voice hisses in my ear. My big blue eyes grow as big as saucers as they connect with the all too familiar brown ones. My body is frozen in fear as I feel Derek's hand around my waist is now tugging at the waistband of my pants. My entire body shakes uncontrollably with fear as I swiftly throw my knee up, kneeing Derek in his manhood causing him to double over in pain, holding his crotch, releasing his grip on me. I take this opportunity to quickly slide past him, running out of the bathroom and straight into Daryl's arms, wrapping my arms tightly around him while hot tears roll down my red cheeks, I bury my face in his neck as sobs escape my lips, not caring who sees or if it makes him uncomfortable.

"Wha' happened", Daryl asks, pulling me away, his hands on my shoulders, holding me arms length from him so he can look at my face.

"It's...Derek...he's...here", I barely choke out between sobs.

"Where is 'e", Merle demands, walking over, standing next to Daryl.

"The bathroom", I mumble. Daryl pulls me back into him, his arms wrapped in a tight, protective hold around my tiny, shaking body as my arms wrap tightly around his waist, burying my face into his chest, his manly scent of cigarettes, gasoline, and soap fills my nostrils, calming me almost immediately as Daryl gently runs his strong calloused hand up and down my back.

"He ain't 'ere", Merle states, walking up to us after checking the bathrooms and the entire bar.

"He was", I mumble in Daryl's chest.

"Well...he ain't now", Merle shrugs.

"Let's go", Daryl demands, wrapping his arm around my waist in a protective grip and pulling me to the door, Merle and Alli following close behind, the hot humid Georgia night hitting me in the face, almost taking my breath away as we step outside. Daryl doesn't release his grip on my waist as we quickly walk to the truck. Daryl helps me climb into the backseat behind the driver seat before climbing behind the wheel and driving back to the motel.

Once back at the motel, I decide to take a shower. I turn on the shower, letting it warm up while I strip off all of my clothes, allowing them to fall on the floor. I look at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes are red and puffy from crying, my red tear stained cheeks are stained with streaks of black makeup running down. A loud scream escapes my lips when I see a dark figure staring at me through the small window behind me.