Chapter 120: The Wedding of Connor Anderson and Tasha Price

This is it.

This is the day.

Connor had already pulled his dress clothes on by the time people began arriving to the cabin. Since he wasn't allowed to see Tasha until the actual wedding, Connor had been reviewing his vows, as well as all the memories he had with her in his memory.

He was counting down the seconds until he would be able to call Tasha his wife, and while the day was supposed to be filled with happiness, he found himself sad for one reason; Tasha would die one day, and he would lose her. The thought had crossed his mind their entire relationship, but as time grew near to the wedding, Connor found himself terrified at the idea of losing her. Then, he found himself even more terrified of the idea of Tasha losing him, and how she would live with that scenario. All calculations lead to her suicide, causing Connor even more panic. He didn't want to die. He never wanted to leave her... but what if something did happen, that was out of their control and he couldn't stop it? Connor knew he had to think of something, he had to put some sort of safety net in place so in the case of Tasha losing him, she would survive and live her life to the fullest.

Connor took a deep breath as he straightened his tie, walking towards the forest. He noticed Gavin leaning back against a tree, a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips. He made his way over to the man, earning a small, friendly-ish smile.

"Hello Gavin." Connor said, his voice even.

"Connor."

Silence fell for a moment between the two, neither enjoying the others company very much.

"I'm sure Tasha will be very glad you came." Connor's voice was laced with something more as he glanced at the man.

"That is why I showed up." Gavin replied, rolling his eyes as he took a long drag.

"I would like to talk to you, if you have a moment."

"You're already talking to me."

Connor sighed, "And yet people say I am the one terrible at small talk."

Silence again.

Connor calculated the conversation he wanted to speak of over and over again, and found the appropriate method of starting it. "Look, Gavin. I know you love Tasha very much."

Gavin was quiet for a moment, putting his cigarette out against the ground. This wasn't the first time they had this conversation, but the fact that Connor was bringing this up at his own wedding made Gavin slightly concerned.

"Yeah, well, it doesn't matter. Does it?" He replied, trying to front the typical nonchalant persona.

"It does. All I want is for Tasha to be happy."

"Well, congrats. You're marrying her. She's thrilled."

Connor sighed again, "What I am saying is that I appreciate you coming to the wedding. I'm sure it can't be easy for you to—"

"To what? Watch the woman I love marry an Android?" Gavin scoffed. "Newsflash, Connor — I've watched her fall in love with you. I've seen her kiss you. Hell, I've seen you two fuck for Christ sakes! I see the way she looks at you, every damn day since you showed up. So don't even try to say you know how I feel because you don't."