Chapter Eight: A Downward Spiral

•Tasha's POV•

"Gavin's in there."

I groaned, rolling my eyes knowingly at Hank and Connor a moment before walking into the room of the crime scene.

"Oh, there's the trio I had hoped not to see." Gavin walked over to me, smirking.

"Oh, there's the douche bag I hoped had gotten hit by a car." I replied, smirking back at him.

"Wow, Tash. You clean up good." Gavin whistled at me, eying me up and down like a creep — as if I was his prey. "Sexy."

"Don't call me that." I glared, crossing my arms over my chest. "Get outta here, loser."

"Oh, c'mon babe," Gavin leaned in closer to me, "I could give you a real good time."

"Really? Because I've heard you've got little to brag about." I smirked.

Gavin narrowed his eyes, reaching out to grab my wrist. "Why don't we go in the other room and you can find out?"

I opened my mouth to speak but before I could, Connor stepped towards Gavin, shielding me with his own body protectively. He grabbed Gavin's arm, pulling his hand off of my wrist.

"She asked you to leave." Connor told him, his voice radiating rage. "If you put another hand on her —"

"Since when do Androids care about humans?" Gavin sneered, glaring at Connor. "Especially sluts like her."

"I won't ask again." Connor replied, ignoring Gavin's taunt.

Gavin gave me one last creepy look before trudging out of the room, mumbling along the way.

I knew I could handle Gavin myself; I'd been doing it for so long it was second nature by now, but having Connor stand up for me was nice. Really nice.

As Gavin left, I grinned at Connor. "Thanks, Connor."

•Connor's POV•

Connor smiled back at her, "You are welcome, Tasha

Connor smiled back at her, "You are welcome, Tasha."

"Gavin's got some heavy competition, Don't you think, Tash?" Hank snorted, turning his back to the duo as he examined the crime scene.

Tasha let out a little laugh, "That's an understatement and you know it, Hank." She rolled my eyes at him as she glanced over at Connor, "Gavin doesn't stand a chance."

"I don't understand." Connor replied, looking at me for a moment before looking at Hank.

"He means —" Tasha started, her face bright red.

"I mean, you, dumbass." Hank replied, shaking his head.

Connor was silent for a moment, looking between Hank and I. "I still don't —"

Hank sighed with frustration. "You can't tell me you didn't want to punch him when he was hitting on Tasha."

Connor clenched his jaw ever so slightly at the memory of the way Gavin looked at her, how he grabbed her violently, and the words he said to her. "He was making her uncomfortable and he was beginning to get violent."

"He was hitting on her." Hank snorted, looking at Connor, a slight look so amusement on his face. "He's been trying to get in her pants since she started working at the precinct."

Connor blinked. "In her pants? I don't —"

"Oh, Jesus — he wants to fuck her! Do you understand now?"

Connor shook his head. "No, I don't —"

It took a moment, but eventually Connor understood.

"Oh."

•Tasha's POV•

Throughout the entire conversation I was dead silent, mainly focussing on Connor's reactions. While amusing, this was not the conversation I wanted to be the centre of at the present moment.

"And... do you want... him to... fuck you?"

Hank snorted, nearly falling over due to his loud, obnoxious laughing while I looked at Connor in absolute horror

"What?! No! God, no, Connor."

"Oh," Hank began during his laughing fit, "I can think of someone she'd want to—"

"HANK! CAN WE JUST FOCUS ON THE CRIME SCENE, PLEASE?!" I squealed, turning my back to both of them, my face now beat red.

"I'm glad you picked me up, Connor." Hank clasped Connor on the shoulder. "Seeing her embarrassed is way better than Russian roulette."

"She is cute when she blushes." Connor noted, causing my face to go even redder, if that were even possible.

"Gah! I can't with either of you right now! I'm gonna go stare at the strippers." I groaned, leaving the room. "Have fun!"

While they had been talking, I had been examine what I could of the crime scene and I knew Connor would figure it out.

He didn't need my help.

He didn't need me.

A/N: Eyyyyyyyyy! Hope you enjoyed! As always please leave comments. It keeps me writing. Also any scene suggestions you'd like to see are great too.
Also I saw this on tumblr and couldn't not add it because vine memes are great: