Chapter Twenty Four: Public Enemy

PUBLIC ENEMY

I stood silently as we rode the elevator, listening to Connor do coin tricks. However annoying the sound could be, it was a great distraction from thinking too much.

"You're starting to piss me off with that thing, Connor

"You're starting to piss me off with that thing, Connor." Hank chided as he grabbed the coin from his hand.

"Sorry Lieutenant." Connor looked at him slightly confused before turning back to his regular demeanour.

I was beginning to find myself conflicted over our job. We were supposed to catch Deviants... but I didn't want to anymore. The sole reason I kept doing it was to keep Connor safe. But...

If Connor becomes deviant, CyberLife will kill him.

If Connor finishes his mission, they'd reprogram him without his memories, or just destroy him completely and replace him with a newer model.

*snap*
*snap*

"Hmm?"

I was brought out of my thoughts as I saw both Hank and Connor staring at me, Hank snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry," I blushed, embarrassed I had gotten so stuck in my head.

"C'mon, it may not be a homicide but you usually enjoy these sorts of thing." Hank joked.

I shrugged as the elevator came to a halt. "Not today."

Chris greeted us at the elevator, "Hey Chris." Hank said, "You had a party and didn't invite me?"

"Yeah, you're not the only ones. The FBI is here." Chris sighed, turning towards the crime scene.

"So what do we got?" Hank asked as we began walking towards the crime scene

"Four androids, they knew the building very well and were very well organized."

"Well, obviously." I retorted, "They're androids... they'd know what they're doing."

Chris rolled his eyes, "Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far unnoticed. They attacked two guards in the hallway, probably thought they were there to do maintenance. They were knocked out before they could react."