Chapter Two: The Crime Scene

Chapter 2

The Crime Scene

As Connor walked around the scene examining further clues, I decided to examine the victims body in better detail. Though with Connor being an Android I had a feeling he'd find more evidence than I ever would.

"Are you sure you're not a psycho, Tash?" Hank patted my hair teasingly, "You seem pretty thrilled with this case."

I rolled my eyes, "I am not a psycho! I just like... homicides...?"

Hank raised his eyes at me, smirking.

"Oh! You know what I mean!" I squeaked, turning my back to him. "Gah, why must you be so infuriating."

"Miss Price?" Connor knelt down beside me, looking at me for a short moment before examining the body as well.

"Connor, you don't need to be so formal." I replied as I stared at the bloodstain on his chest. "What do you see?"

"My apologies, Tasha." Connor replied, leaning his fingers down to brush against the blood, bringing it up to his mouth. I watched with curiosity and pure fascination as he wiped the blood off his fingers.

"Oh Jesus, what the hell are you doing?!" Hank yelled at him, the most disgusted look on his face.

Connor looked at him, "I'm analyzing the blood. I can check samples in real time. I'm sorry, I should have warned you."

Hank shook his head, "Okay... just... don't.. put any more evidence in your mouth. Got it?"

"Got it." Connor replied.

"Fucking hell, I can't believe this shit." Hank muttered in disbelief.

"Well I think it's cool that you can learn so much from— from putting things in your mouth..." I trailed off, a dumbfounded expression on my face as I realized my sentence sounded really weird. "That sounded a lot better in my head."

"You're one strange kid," Hank said with a shake of his head as he walked to the other side of the room.

"Pssh, I am not a strange kid." I mumbled to myself as I tried to put the evidence together in my head.

Okay, maybe mumbling to myself out loud can be seen as strange.

And talking to myself in general.

I shook my head as I tried to focus on the problem in front of me. There were no signs of the Android exiting the building, yet there was no Deviant to be found. The owner clearly abused it's Android, and no doubt it had to defend itself... but how did it flee?

Or did it?

As soon as the answer dawned on me I was rushing to the other room, stopping when I was behind Connor, who was staring up at the ceiling.

Connor looked down at me expectantly, as if he knew I had figured something out.

"What if the Android never left?" My voice was quiet as I spoke to him, a smile on my face.

Connor seemed to agree with my theory as he had what looked like a hint of a smile on his face before turning away from me, grabbing a chair to climb into the attic.

After a few minutes of silence, Connor called out to us.

"It's here, Lieutenant!"

Mission Successful.

A/N: I hope you liked it! Please leave reviews as it keeps me writing. Sorry it was short and lame lol. I did my best. Much more Connor fluff coming up :3 What a cute smol bean he is.