Chapter Twenty-Six: Awakening

Connor's POV

When Connor woke, he felt... wrong. He shouldn't be feeling at all but he still was.

He hadn't changed.

He felt... relieved.

He expected that when he died, he wouldn't be the same because it wasn't him anymore.

But it was.

He remembered everything. He felt everything, only maybe he felt it more now because he did die, and that terrified him.

Then he thought of Tasha.

He ran out of CyberLife as fast as he could, taking the nearest Taxi to her house. When he arrived and found it completely vacated he began to worry.

Maybe she's at Hanks?

When Connor got to Hank's he could see her in the window, just barely through the blind. He ran to the door, ringing the doorbell and knocking simultaneously to get her attention.

It took her over a minute to walk towards the door — Connor could hear her footsteps as she sauntered over, opening the door slowly.

"Tasha." He was relieved to see she was unscathed from the encounter with the deviant. "You're okay."

"Hank was pretty sure they'd send a new one of you." Tasha's voice was empty and cold as she looked straight through him, causing Connor to be confused.

"Tasha? It's me." Connor stepped towards her, but she stepped further back. "It's— Connor."

Tasha shook her head. "No. The Connor I knew died yesterday saving my life."

"It's still me." Connor grabbed for her hand, putting it up to his chest. "See? Tasha—"

She snatched her hand away, "Don't fucking touch me."

"Tasha—"

"How do I know you're you? You've said that if you were to die, your memory is transferred but you could lose some fragments — I wonder what you lost."

"I remember everything," Connor held onto her arms, "I know it's hard for you to believe, but it's me, Tasha. Please, listen to me."

Tasha slapped Connor hard across the face, glaring up at him. "You idiot! How could you fucking do that to me?! How could you put me through that?!" Tasha became hysterical, the cold being replaced with anger, resentment and heartbreak.

"Please, my love," Connor begged, holding her hands tight in his. Though he had thought of calling her that many times before, this was the first time he ever said it to her aloud and he liked the sound of it.

"Love?! What do you know about love?! About me?!" She screamed, pulling herself away from him but he wouldn't let go. He wouldn't let her self destruct. Not like this.

"I watched you die." Tasha looked up into his eyes, defeated. "I will never get that image out of my head, Connor..."

"I'm sorry I put you through this, but I had to protect you — if I hadn't taken those bullets you'd be the one dead right now, and I... I couldn't live with that. But I'm here now." He held her arms gently, rubbing them up and down in an attempt to sooth her.

"I can't.... Connor, I can't...." Tasha sobbed, "I saw you die, I can't go through that again...."

"I can't do this." She pulled her arms away from him, turning her back to him as she ran out into the pouring rain.

Software Instability

I love her.

Connor ran after her, calling her name over and over until he saw her standing in the pouring rain.

"Tasha." His voice was soft as he got closer to her— he could hear her sobbing, and the sound made his entire body ache.

I love you.

The words ran through his mind over and over again as he turned her to face him,

"Connor-"

In one swift movement he did something; he had wanted to do for so long but never had the courage to do so. Connor pressed his lips against hers, kissing her with as much emotion and passion as he could portray into the kiss.

"I love you."

A/N: Please comment any scene suggestions you'd like me to write and add to the story. Thank you so much for reading :) PS I KNOW I SHOULDVE MADE Connor LOSE HIS MEMORY BUT LIKE DO YIU KNOW HOW HEARTBREAKING AND HARD THAT WOULD BE TOW RITE IM SORRY 😭

 Thank you so much for reading :) PS I KNOW I SHOULDVE MADE Connor LOSE HIS MEMORY BUT LIKE DO YIU KNOW HOW HEARTBREAKING AND HARD THAT WOULD BE TOW RITE IM SORRY 😭

I wasn't gonna post this till tomorrow then I accidentally posted it so here it is lol please comment because I have writers block