Chapter Seventy-Three: Apologies Won't Make Me Forget

The guilt burnt my body like hot, spicy liquor. All of the decisions I made without my emotions playing over and over again in my mind. The decision to turn off my emotions playing in my mind.

I'm not sure if I've ever regretted a decision as much as this...

"Are you okay?"

Connor's voice brought me out of my misery as my tears continued to fall.

"No, I'm not okay." I replied as my body shook in his arms. I slowly pulled back to look into his brown eyes. "But I'll get better."

He smiled.

My god, his smile.

Has it always looked this beautiful?

I returned his smile, nuzzling my nose against his. "I love you... thank you."

"You never have to thank me, Tasha." Connor pushed a strand of hair away from my face.

"Without you I wouldn't have made it, Connor... everything was so wrong. Your stubborn nature —"

"I think of it more so as persistence."

"Well, emotionless me definitely didn't think that." I shook my head slightly, "You brought me back. You helped me fight my demons."

"I'll always be by your side through everything life throws at us." Connor pressed his lips to mine gently. "I love you."

The kiss became more passionate as I wrapped my arms around his neck, lacing my fingers through his messy hair. Connor groaned at the feeling, his hands moving to my waist to pull me closer to him, if it were even humanly possible.

"You guys are gross."

Connor and I untangled ourselves from each other when we heard Hank's annoyed voice. "I'm gone for two seconds and you're already sucking each other's faces off."

I couldn't help but smile, standing up and running to him. I wrapped my arms around Hank's waist, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Oomph. Hey kid." Hank patted her back affectionately. "Did you finally listen to your boyfriend?"

I laughed, tears coming to my eyes once more. "Yes.... Hank, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done what I did. I didn't think of the consequences."

"We'll get through this kiddo, next time maybe don't turn into a psycho bitch, alright?"

The phrasing made Tasha laugh, pulling away from the hug to stand once against next to Connor. "I'll keep that in mind."

Hank decided to give us space, and inform North and Markus that I was alright, leaving Connor and I alone for a brief moment.

Connor was clearly worried about me. The only way I knew I could calm him was by showing him I'm doing okay.

I held my hand out to Connor, raising my eyebrows slightly as he stared at me, the confusion turning to curiosity as he held his hand out to me, pressing it against mine as our skin disappeared revealing the white plastic beneath.

It was an intimate experience, to say the least. It felt like we were connected not only in body but also in spirit.

"What the fuck?!"

Our little infinity was interrupted as I noticed Hank was there. As I pulled my hand away from Connor, I noticed Hank looked like he was about to pass out.

"I... what the fuck did I just see?!"

"We were —"

"You know what, I don't wanna know what the fuck you two were just doing." Hank put his hands up as he walked past us, shaking his head.

Markus and North entered the room, both practically knocking me over when they hugged me.

"Ooof— Hey guys."

"Hey guys?! You scared me half to death." North yelled as she pulled back, slapping my shoulder gently.

"North's right." Markus said as he rested his hand on my shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." I answered, smiling slightly. "It's a lot to take in but it's a good feeling."

"You're free now." North said as we all walked towards the doors that lead away from Jericho.

"What you do with that freedom is entirely up to you." Markus finished, smiling as he opened the door to reveal the outside world.

It was brighter than before. The birds chirped loudly, and I could hear the breeze blow through my hair.

It was all so breathtaking.

I knew in that moment, things were going to be alright.

If only for a moment.

A/N: ahh I hope you enjoyed! I'm not too fond of how this chapter went but I did my absolute best. I love you all so much! Remember I'll be streaming Detroit around 11ampst/ 12pm pst ish so follow my twitch @tashaplays1998 !