Chapter Eighty-Eight: Captured | Part 3

The location coordinates were decently far out, but lucky I was able to find an automatic car to drive me there. It was by the ocean, out past the forest a huge building was on the edge of a cliff.

Once I entered the building, I was immediately pulled into a room by two guards.

As soon as I saw Connor hooked up to the machine I went to run to him, being stopped by the guard threatening to burn me.

My gaze fell to the ground as I looked at the two humans that were shackled to the wall.

"Miss Price. What a pleasure it is to finally meet you in person."

The woman was smiling, her dark skin illuminated by the light surrounding her.

"How silly of me, my name is Amanda."

I was silent as I noticed the figure next to her looked nearly identical to Connor, but his eyes were blue.

That's not my Connor.

"Isn't he lovely?" Amanda smiled as she glanced at the machine. "He's everything that your machine isn't."

"Connor is not a machine." I growled, my hands balled into fists at my sides.

"Oh yes, you think he's alive. How... touching." Her smile didn't fade as the RK900 walked towards me.

It was strange to see a man who looked so much like Connor, but nothing like him all at the same time. Those icy blue eyes sent uncomfortable chills down my spine, my gaze trying to avert from his stare.

"What do you want, Amanda?"

"So eager."

"Please, I'll do anything you ask just— just let Connor go."

Amanda hummed thoughtfully, "Anything I ask, you say?"

I was silent as her cold eyes bored into mine.

"How far are you willing to go to save the love of your life? This machine who you've found companionship in."

"Let him go." My eyes were dark as I continued to stare back at her. "Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do whatever it takes."

"If you kill these two humans, I'll let Connor go. He will not be reset. If you refuse, the humans will be freed but Connor will be reset and you will lose him forever."

"If you don't kill these two humans, Connor will be reset." Amanda repeated with a smile.

What a fucking bitch.

"Tasha, don't —" The RK900 hit Connor hard across the face, shutting him up before walking over to me, holding a gun as Amanda kept her hand on the reset button.

"Do it now, Miss Price. I won't ask again."

My hand was shaky as I grabbed the gun from RK900. His hand brushed mine for a moment, and he was ice cold. It was unnerving as his eyes bored into mine, a hint of something in them as he watched me raise the gun towards the sobbing people in front of me.

"Please, please don't do this." The woman begged, her brown eyes staring up at me, pleading.

The man next to her also looked at me. "I have two kids, please, please don't do this."

I tried to keep my composure as I held the gun to the woman's head, but my hand was shaking far too visibly.

If I don't do this, Connor will be gone.