Chapter Eighty-Two: Unexpected Guest

The day started like every other day at the precinct. Paperwork had to be finished from previous cases. It was nice to finally feel normal again.

Tasha's eyes widened when she saw a familiar face walk into the precinct.

"North?!"

The girl smiled, walking over to Tasha's desk. "Well, well. Look at you Miss Detective. Have your emotions been treating you well?"

Tasha stood from her chair, pulling North into a tight hug

Tasha stood from her chair, pulling North into a tight hug. "I take that as a yes." North laughed, patting Tasha's back gently.

"What are you doing here? Is everything okay?!" Tasha immediately was worried but North held onto Tasha's shoulder soothingly.

"Everything's fine, Tasha."

It was at this point Connor had come over from his desk, draping his arm around Tasha's waist. "What are you doing here?"

She shrugged in reply, putting her arm over Tasha's shoulder. "If you'll excuse us, Officer," She went to pull Tasha away from Connor, but he held her in place.

"Wait! Where are you taking her?"

North rolled her eyes, "I'm giving her a break."

Connor pushed North's arm away from Tasha's shoulder. "Tasha wants to get back to her work." Connor replied assertively, his hand gripping her waist protectively.

"He's right, North. We've got a lot of cases to do." She sighed, but enjoyed the way Connor was holding her.

North narrowed her eyes at Connor in annoyance. Her LED flickered to yellow as she grabbed onto Tasha's hand, pulling her away from Connor. "C'mon, I got our next case!"

"What?!" Connor grabbed Tasha's other hand, the two practically playing tug of war with the poor girl. "She is my partner. We're a team."

"She's my partner for the week." North smirked at Connor. "Don't worry, I'll take good care of our girl."

Our?

Our?!

Connor's eyes darkened as he glared at North, his grip on Tasha unwavering.

Tasha sighed in frustration, "Connor, get Hank and you guys can meet us at the crime scene, okay?"

Connor was reluctant as he glanced down at Tasha. She had a smile on her face that made his insides melt. He sighed, letting go of her arm.

"Be careful." Connor said seriously. "I love you."

"I love you

"I love you." Tasha leaned up, kissing his lips before being dragged off by North.

This will be an interesting week.

•••

By the time Connor and Hank arrived at the scene Tasha was resting her back against the wall of the apartment while North was somewhere inside.

Connor walked up to Tasha, his face holding an even expression. "I can see thirium leading into the basement, it appears—"

"North already caught the suspect."

North came out the basement holding the collar of the suspect, handing him over to the cops. "He thought he could hide in plain sight. What a moron."

Connor narrowed his eyes at North. North chuckled, smirking st Connor. "I can replay events in my mind palace just like you Mr.Detective." She laughed, "I know all your tricks."

"But... but you're just an android designed for sex!"

Tasha facepalmed, slightly frustrated at the two trying to one up each other.

"I was designed for that but I'm not just that." North rolled her eyes turning away from Connor.

"And for an android detective, you sure have a lot of sex."

As North walked away, Tasha was still holding her forehead, trying to figure out whose side she should be on. While she did enjoy North's company, she missed the quality time with Connor they'd get on cases.

Connor's LED was flipping between red and yellow, his fists clenched at his side. Tasha sighed, walking over to him. "Con." She placed her hand on his shoulder, calming him slightly.

"I don't like her." He said firmly, his brown eyes staring down into Tasha's bright green ones. "She isn't a good influence on you. She is problematic and —"

"Wait, are... are you jealous?" Tasha couldn't help but smirk.

"Yes!" Connor huffed in frustration, "You and I are partners! You are my partner! She can't just waltz in here and —"

"It's just for a few days, Connor." Tasha leaned up, kissing his cheek gently. "She's not taking me away from you."

"It feels like it." Connor mumbled.

Tasha sighed, "Look, I'll tell North that we can all work together okay? Would that help?"

Connor's led slowly went back to a light yellow, his fists relaxing slightly. "Barely, but it's acceptable for now."

Tasha grinned, turning towards the exit. She had to admit that she enjoyed seeing Connor jealous, it sparked something inside her that she couldn't quite place.

This will be interesting.

A/N: Ooh jealous Connor is fun to write. I'll be streaming tonight playing Beyond Two Souls but I won't be finishing Until Dawn until tomorrow. Thank you all so much for reading