Episode 12 - This Time is Over

Baro's eyes opened wide as he stared nervously at the gun pointed at him. "Uh... Hyung... That gun isn't loaded. I-I emptied the bullets."

     "Jinyoung! Put that thing down!" Shinwoo shouted angrily. "What in the world are you doing with a gun?"

     "Relax," Jinyoung's arm dropped to his side. "You guys should know I would never pull the trigger." He inched his way to the window, trying to dodge the sun rays as he quickly opened it to drop the gun outside. "There. I got rid of it like I said I would," he shifted his gaze to Baro again, "but you're still going to tell us what's been going on. What were you doing at the store last night?"

     Shinwoo, Gongchan, and even Sandeul looked extremely confused at what Jinyoung was talking about.

     "Okay, okay..." Baro slumped his shoulders as he realized there was no way of getting out of this. "Just like Shinwoo, I've been struggling with making ends meet, but I got caught up in taking the easy way out. After I got my hands on a gun, I used it to scare people enough to give me the cash I needed. I promise I never shot at anyone! I never planned on it. I just used it to give people a scare, that's all," Baro explained nervously as beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

     "That makes sense..." Gongchan said to himself as he remembered seeing the bullets on Baro's car floor. Baro never loaded the gun.

     "I guess it does," Jinyoung said as he started to believe Baro. "It seems like we all had a rough seven years. The sad part is, I'm sure we all would've had a better life if our entertainment company didn't go out of business."

     "Uhhh..." Sandeul groaned, as if he agreed with Jinyoung.

     "Well, just because WM went bankrupt doesn't mean B1A4 had to split up," Gongchan noted. "We could've stuck together even though our debut was a fail."

     Jinyoung stared at the floorboards in silence. He recalled the moment when he received the news that WM Entertainment was coming to an end. Jinyoung remembered how ashamed he was. He thought for sure it was his fault that he let both his band and agency down.

     After Jinyoung heard the news years ago, he was so upset that when he returned home, he tore up his music sheets for O.K, Remember, Only Learned Bad Things, Bling Girl, and Only One: all of the songs on their first album that had just hit the store shelves days before. The songs weren't any good to him anymore. Still in tears, Jinyoung called up the other four members and told them that WM was over... and so was B1A4. Jinyoung told them that their band—the huge project that they wanted to spend the rest of their lives on—was done. Jinyoung didn't think he could continue making music with them since it would remind him of his failure. He let everyone down.

     "It's not your fault, hyung," Gongchan said as he patted the leader's back as he easily read Jinyoung's mind since he looked so sad. "We all gave it our best, and I know that if WM didn't go bankrupt suddenly, we would've been huge!"

     "Channie is right," Shinwoo said as Baro nodded, agreeing with him. "We all had so many great ideas for the band. Too bad we didn't stay in contact much. We could've at least played some songs together."

     "I think that's everyone's fault," Baro admitted. "It would've been great to stay friends with all of you."

     "We would've kept you out of trouble!" Shinwoo laughed as he gave Baro a friendly shove.

     "Well, we're all here together now," Gongchan said, smiling.

     "You're right!" Baro hopped to his feet. "It would be cool if we gathered to hang out, maybe once or twice a week! We could bring snacks, and play video games, and–"

     "That's not exactly what I meant," Gongchan interrupted, scratching behind his head. "Let's get back together, and work as B1A4 again! We don't need a big entertainment company to fund us! We could do this simply for fun, and perform on the streets and local events."

     "Andwae," Jinyoung said sharply. He glared at Gongchan for bringing up that idea. "That would be a lot harder than it sounds. I know you were able to juggle your werewolf transformations and B1A4 at the same time, but I'm not a vampire for just one night a month! I'll always have to deal with my cravings for biting into people! On top of that, if the police found out what Baro has been up to, they'd want to have a talk with him. What if they arrest him?"

     "Saaa... Nnnd..." Sandeul tried to say his own name and point at himself with an uncoordinated arm.

     "And Sandeul is practically a zombie!"

     Shinwoo chuckled in the corner of the living room. "I'm glad that at least I don't have any major issues."

     "Hyung! Is your bathroom flooding?" Gongchan noticed a puddle of water that was seeping in from under the door.

     "Ugh! Not again!" Shinwoo hurried, grabbing an armful of towels and a tool box before heading to the bathroom. 

     Gongchan sighed deeply, "We could find a way to make it work... I know we all had lots of fun being in a band, and we can make some awesome songs."

     Jinyoung shook his head, grimly. "You'll just have to face the facts, Gongchan. B1A4 will never get back together again."