Episode 5 - Only Learned Bad Things

Shortly after he ran out of the graveyard, Jinyoung began to lose steam quickly. He set Sandeul down against a tree while panting heavily. Sooner or later, Jinyoung would need to quench his thirst.

     "Ouch! Ya!" Jinyoung pulled his hand away that was taken by his zombie friend and bitten into. "You have to stop that," he scolded him.

     "Guuuh..." With an unfocused gaze, Sandeul tried to reach for Jinyoung again, but he stepped away. "Ji..."

     Jinyoung sighed deeply. "What am I going to do with you, Sandeul? I can't drag you around like a babysitter. You're going to slow me down," he said, thinking about his ugly new life as this... dark creature.

     Sandeul moaned as he crawled sloppily towards Jinyoung's ankle. It was obvious he couldn't comprehend much right now.

     Jinyoung sat in the damp grass next to him, trying to brew up a plan in his head. "Maybe I could find another band member to watch you." Jinyoung rested his chin on his fist as he thought aloud. "Let's see... Gongchan seems out of the question. He has enough on his plate right now."

     "Cha... Nnn..." Sandeul grunted as he picked up a stick and put it in his mouth to chew on.

     Jinyoung took it from him and tossed it as far as he could. "So, my options are Shinwoo and Baro. Not sure how I'll ever find them." He pulled out his cell phone from his pocket. "If only this thing worked," he continued even though Sandeul wasn't listening, "I lost my charger, and it's been powerless for ages."

     Sandeul took the cell from Jinyoung's hands and tried stuffing it in his mouth.

     "Hajima!" Jinyoung snatched it back, wiping off the zombie slobber with his shirt, then gave Sandeul a gentle slap on the face. "How many times do I have to tell you to stop putting things in your mouth?"

     Sandeul quickly swung his arm at Jinyoung to get his revenge. His lips turned upward, seeming to laugh.

     Jinyoung rubbed his cheek where he was hit, but he couldn't help but laugh along. "All right, all right. Enough of this," he still smiled as he stood, but then frowned as Sandeul grabbed hold of his hand once again. "Aigoo... You need to learn– Hang on a second." He examined Sandeul's hand by the light of the moon, seeing that a large sore was oozing who-knows-what... Not blood. Zombie fluid? Well, that's gross, Jinyoung sighed. "Looks like I'm gonna have to buy you some bandages. I guess I'll have to use the five finger discount, since I was stupid enough to leave my money with my backpack at the hospital. Come on. Let's go, Sandeul." Jinyoung helped him to his feet.

     "Fluh... Ai..." Sandeul said as he followed slowly behind Jinyoung, dragging his left leg.

     "Huh?... Oh, fly?" Jinyoung laughed, remembering B1A4's catchphrase. "Then... let's fly! Just so you know, I'm not the kind of vampire that can turn into a bat and fly away. Being able to fly would be nice though."

     After an hour passed, they finally arrived at the nearest convenience store. Luckily, the store was still open and hardly anyone was inside.

     "Okay, Sandeul," Jinyoung whispered when they arrived behind the building, "I'm going in to get some bandages for you. I need you to stay here. Do you understand?"

     Sandeul replied blankly with a groan that didn't seem to mean anything.

     "I'll take that as a yes. I'll hurry back!" Leaving him standing there, Jinyoung walked inside, trying to appear like a normal human doing normal shopping.

     With taking blood from the hospital to drink, Jinyoung was able to sample all types, and could tell the difference between tastes. He could also tell what type of blood someone had just by standing near them, since his sense of smell was sensitive enough to penetrate through their skin.

     Sadly, being near any human was difficult when he was hungry, like this night. Luckily, the other two customers were checking out. After a few minutes of looking through the first aid aisle, Jinyoung could telling by sniffing the air that the cashier was the only person there.

     Jinyoung sighed in relief, happy there were less people around now as he snuck a bandage package in his jacket pocket.

     All he had to do now was leave. Just then, the bells jingled as someone rushed in the store. Jinyoung peeked around a display of shampoo and saw someone dressed in black with a ski mask, pointing a gun at the cashier.

     "Put the money in the bag, and no one gets hurt."

     Jinyoung could sense type B blood.