16 - "Oh, don't be such a drama queen"

Squeezing into the back between Jonah and Daniel, I have my trouble putting on the seatbelt as both these boys are quite tall and take up a lot of room.
Sliding closer to Daniel, I pull the seatbelt over my lap and try to get it to click into place as I get shoved back into Jonah, making me glare at my best friend.

"What the fuck, I need to get the seatbelt to click, okay?"

"Okay" laughing at my little outburst, Danny slides as close to the door as he can, giving me more room to shuffle to as I finally put the seatbelt on.

"Why is Zach sitting in the front anyways?" Motioning my hand to the young boy, who sends me a grin, I roll my eyes at him, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Because I was at the car before you" he points out.

"Well, yeah, but... oh forget it" rolling my eyes again, I'm happy to hear Jack starting the car and with it the radio which just so happens to be playing 'Girls Like You' by Maroon 5.
My gaze immediately focusing on the boy next to me, I see him already smiling down at me, remembering what happened the day before in the Walmart.
Unintentionally reaching my hand out for his, I'm about to pull away again, a little anxious to do something like that in front of the boys as Jonah laces his fingers with mine, placing out intertwined hands on his thigh, his thumb brushing against my hand.

"I'm already feeling like a third wheel back here" Daniel speaks up, leaning his arms on the two seats in the front, his body leaning on my lap slightly.

"What are they doing? We haven't even moved an inch yet" Zach turns his head in one swift motion, knocking his head straight into Daniel's, both of them falling into their seats groaning loudly.

"Oww, why would you turn around like that?" Daniel rubs his forehead as Jack, Jonah and I have our touble breathing, laughing too hard.

"Why would you lean on the seats?" Zach throws back, groaning in pain afterwards.

"Oh my god, that's why I love you guys so much" I manage to say, my laughter slowly dying down.

"I'm going to have a concussion" Zach dramatically pulls a face, his hand lingering on his forehead.

"Oh, don't be such a drama queen" Jack rolls his eyes before he turns his attention on driving the car and we start moving, making our way to the nearest beach.

"I'm not" Zach argues, recieving deadpanned looks from the rest of us.

"Yes, you are" I scoff, a few chuckles leaving my lips.

"Oh shush" waving me off, he lounges into his seat, his arms crossed over his chest as the car falls silent for a moment.
Just a moment though, because as soon as the radio station introduces the next song, we get hyped and already start humming the beat, dancing to it awkwardly before the song even really starts.
The song being 'Rise' by Jonas Blue featuring Jack&Jack, all of us loving the song, it's no surprise as all five of us start singing the words loudly.

"We're gonna ri-ri-ri-ri-rise 'til we fall
They say we got no no no no future at all
They wanna ke-ke-keep us down but they can't hold us down anymore
We're gonna ri-ri-ri-ri-rise 'til we fall

When we hit the bottom, then it goes up
Climb to the top with you"
Dancing around as well, I'm bopping my head around and point my fingers in the air, fully aware of how cringy my dance moves are, but deciding not to care as the rest of the boys, except for Jack who needs to somewhat concentrate on the street, make fools out of themselves as well.

A few songs later and our little concert ends as we pull into the parking lot for the beach, already seeing some other people by the water, but it's not too crowded as we chose a beach that is quite hidden and not too well known.