8 - "He's something else"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" I engulf the curly haired boy, that just stopped in front of the restaurant in a tight hug making him chuckle deeply as I feel his chest vibrate against mine.

"Now hurry up and get you pretty little butt in there or you will be late" he pushes me away slightly as he leans over my lap to open the door for me.

"Okay, okay" I giggle, waiting for him to sit upright again before getting out of the car.

"See you later!" He winks at me as I close the door and send him a big grin before turning on my heel and walking towards the front door.

"Jenkins, we need you in the back!" I haven't even taken one step into the building as my boss points his hand to the doors that lead to the kitchen.

"Good morning to you to" I mumble under my breath before disappearing into the kitchen and through it to get to the storeroom, where we keep our uniforms as well.
With uniforms, I mean a black apron.
Tying it around my waist, I quickly get out of the room and walk towards one of my colleagues.

"Morning Griffin, how can I help?" I turn my head to look at her, while washing my hands in the sink next to the counter she is currently drying off some plates.

"Hey! How's my favorite colleague doing?" She smiles at me, as I steal a towel from the stack to my right and dry off my hands.

"Good, almost came in late today, but I thankfully made it... with much stress" I chuckle lightly as I grab the plates she already dried off and carry them to the cupboard they belong to.

"I hope you got one of the boys to drive you this time" she teasingly raises an eyebrow in my direction.

"I actually did this time" pointing a finger at her, I walk back to her to grab the next stack of plates.

"I'm proud of you" holding a hand over her heart, Griffin offers me a few giggles.

Griffin and I started at around the same time and immediatly clicked. She's what's closest to being my best girl friend. I mean we are not that close, we never met up in our freetime, but we can talk and text about anything.
She knows the Why Don't We boys and likes their music too, but she's not a huge, obsessed fan or anything.

"I think I can deal with the rest here. You can go serve some customers, if you want" she nods her head to the doors.

"Yeahy, lucky me" I fake a cheer before walking towards the doors, hearing Griffin's giggles behind me.

"Don't scare off too many" she calls after me as I scoff loudly, passing through the doors.

You would think working in a restaurant would require you to be social and love to work with humans and deal with their stupid questions sometimes, but I guess I'm an exception. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rude or anything, at least as long as it's not needed, but I'd take the kitchenwork over it any time.

"Good morning, how may I help you?" I greet the two elderly women at the door.

"Good morning, my dear. We reserved a table for Sullivan" one of them smiles at me as I start flipping through the calendar, searching for the right date and time.
My finger brushing down the page as I read the names and stop at the right one, crossing it out with the pen lying close to the calendar.

"Yes, follow me please" I offer a smile, waving them to the nearest table.

And just like that begins one of the busiest days, I had in weeks.
Almost 5 hours later and Griffin, Alex and I are back in the kitchen, washing and drying up the plates and cutlery that was used today.

"I'm so dead" I groan, grabbing the next plate and dunking it in the water.

"You tell me, man. I never had such a busy day ever" Alex sighs beside me as he gets a hold of a stack of plates, dramatically throwing his head back before walking towards the right cupboard.

"You are only working here for 2 weeks, so that doesn't say much" Griffin agrues.

Passing her the now clean plate, I roll my eyes for her to see, obviously meaning to direct Alex with that gesture.

"It's only been two weeks?" Coming back, Alex leans both his elbows on the counter, waiting for Griffin to finish drying up the next stack.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raise an eyebrow at the boy.

"It feels like we know each other for years" he smirks in my direction.

"Nice save" I smirk back, before my eyes fix back on the next plate I'm grabbing.

"What can I say?" He shrugs his shoulders, pushing himself up again and leans against the counter with his back, crossing his arms as he sends me another smirk, I catch as I glance at him while handing Griffin the next plate.

"I swear to god. I never get a break" I roll my eyes, grabbing the last plate and begin to clean it up.

"What do you mean?" Griffin sends me a questioning look as I hand her the plate and shake off some of the water before grabbing the towel and drying off my hands.

"'Funny' guys everywhere" I use my hand to make the quotation marks, before folding the towel and placing it back in its spot.

"You think I'm funny? Oh thanks, Cam" Alex sends me a wink, knowing fully well that I used the word ironically.

"Shut up, Alex" I roll my eyes, walking past him and towards the doors with the intention to get a quick look of the front of the restaurant to see if there are any dishes left.

"That would be no fun though" he argues taking the last stack of plates in his hands as I turn back around with the knowledge that we were indeed done for this shift.

"It would be for me" I point a thumb at myself as I walk past him closing the cupboard.

"Oh, are you guys free tomorrow? I'm throwing a party, you can come if you want" Alex changes the subject quickly as the three of us make our way towards the storeroom to get rid of our aprons.

"Wow, you really like us, don't you?" I send him a big grin, hanging my apron on the hook with my name above it.

"How could I not?" He winks at me doing the same with his apron that I just did moments before.

"You know, I kinda like him" Griffin sends a played thoughtful expression my way to which we all fall into some chuckles as we make our way to the front door of the restaurant.

"I'd love to come. Can I bring friends as well or...?" I nudge the tall boy in the side.

"Yeah sure, it's a big party" he nods his head, smiling lightly.

"Nice" I smile back.

"And the two of us finally get to party together" Griffin puts an arm around my shoulders as we arrive at the door and call out for our boss, saying goodbye.

"Bye guys!" Sounds from somewhere in the restaurant as we take this as our cue to leave the building.

"I'll text you guys the adress, see you tomorrow" Alex smiles at the two of us before waving his hand and disappearing in the opposite direction I need to go.

"He's something else" Griffin shakes her head as we watch him walk away for a moment.

"You can say that twice" I chuckle lightly.

"Anyways, I better get going. I need to at least get some homework done over the holidays" she rolls her eyes in an annoyed way.

"Oh, how I don't miss school at all" I sigh teasingly recieving a deathglare as an answer.
"Love youuuu" I embrace her in a little hug making her giggle.

"See you tomorrow, Cam" she pushes me away and starts walking in the same direction Alex went minutes before.

"Byee!" I call after her as I start my journey as well.