Sixty One // Bubble.

Genie's P.O.V

"Hey Genie," Kirsty calls after knocking on my office door. My head instantly snaps up as my sister in law pokes her head around the corner.

"Hey come in," I invite her and within seconds she's joining me in my office, taking the seat across from me. I had been going over a bunch over carpet samples which were beginning to all look the same and honestly it was giving me a headache. Why did there have to be so many different shades of one single colour?

"So I have some pretty exciting news," Kirsty admits with an excited grin spreading across her lips.

"Spill."

"I've been trying for months and months now but I've finally managed to convince Bobby to get Tommy a puppy," Kirsty reveals and the cheesy grin that finds it's way to my face is just ridiculous.

"Oh my god! Tommy is going to be thrilled!" My heart swells at the utter happiness I know my nephew will feel at the news of his new family member. "Have you told him yet?"

"Not yet, we're going to surprise him sometime this week with the news before taking him to choose his very own pup, I am so excited for him Genie," Kirsty expresses. "I mean I know he's always loved animals but when I saw how he was with Walker, I just knew that we needed to get him a pet and sooner rather than later."

"He's going to be so happy! I'm so glad you finally broke Bobby," I joke and Kirsty lets out a laugh at my response. My brother could be a stubborn guy and when he made his mind up about something, it was very rare to change it but if anybody could do it, it was Kirsty. Bobby had definitely met his match in her and I was so beyond happy for him.

"Right?! I know he said that we could get a dog in like a few years but I don't see the point in waiting you know? Besides Tommy's happiness is going to make it even more worth it." Kirsty beams happily and I couldn't agree with her more.

"Oh yeah definitely and once Bobby sees that, he'll know just how right you were," I say as Kirsty checks her watch.

"Well I think we're basically done for the day so feel free to finish off whatever you need to and then get home okay?" Kirsty says and I nod in response before giving her a smile. It was really so easy to work with Kirsty and I knew how lucky I was to be in this position because most people struggle with liking their boss and working with family but I didn't have that problem.

"Will do, thanks boss," I say as Kirsty stands from her current spot.

"Also we need to have a proper catch up at some time soon, maybe dinner next week? Tommy misses his favourite aunty and uncle,"

"Yes! I'll talk to Cal and let you know," I reply. "We definitely miss him too, Bobby not so much," I joke scrunching my nose up and Kirsty lets out a laugh before bidding me goodbye and leaving my office.

It takes me about twenty minutes to finish off a few things before I begin to get ready to leave. I'm just in the process of turning my computer off when there's a swift knock on my door before the door opens and I look up to find Calum standing there.

"Hey, What are you doing here?" I ask in surprise, I felt almost stunned to see him here. This was like the second time he had ever been here and it was just super unexpected. I generally finished work in between four and five and Calum finished anytime between four and seven so I was most definitely not expecting to see him here.

"My day was great, thanks for asking," Calum replies sarcastically as he approaches me, an amused smirk on his lips.

"You know I was going to get there," I defend and he nods in response as he wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me in to him before pressing his lips to mine ever so sweetly. "So," I say after Calum's pulled away. "Are you going to answer my question?"