Twenty // Starting over.

A/N: Apologies in advance for a longish authors note at the end of this chapter but it's kind of an important one so please read it!

"So did Luke really not tell you anything else about Katie?" I question Calum. Luke had gone home hours ago and now Calum and I were currently lazing around on the couch watching tv though neither of us were really paying attention to whatever show was on.

"Strangely no." Calum tells me letting out a yawn.

"Do you think it'll be good for him?" I knew Luke often jumped into relationships a little to fast and then when they didn't work out he would always be really down, and since this Katie girl was the first girl he had 'dated' in awhile I didn't want him to rush into anything.

"Depends on the girl but I mean, Luke's a big boy and can take care of himself." Calum shrugs his eyes flickering momentarily to the tv.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." I say getting a frown from Calum. "I mean you're a big boy and you don't take care of yourself." I tease sending him a smirk.

"That's what I have you for." Calum grins scooting closer to me only to lay his head down on my lap.

"Is that so?" I ask him a small smile playing on my lips.

"Yup." Calum replies looking up at me. "Honestly Genie, I know you're worried about him and I love that but he's going to be fine."

"I know." I let out a small sigh. "I guess sometimes I feel bad because you, Michael and Ashton are in such great places relationship wise and he's been struggling since Claudia."

"That's only because she was Luke's first great love, it takes awhile to get over that...hell I don't think you ever actually do get over it." Calum says sounding way to wise which makes me smile. I loved that he still managed to surprise me.

"You're right." I tell him and he smirks. I never really told him that so when he did hear those words from me, he was always very proud.

"Do you want to know something cool?"

"Sure." I smile down at him, my stomach fluttering at the sight of those gorgeous warm brown eyes looking up at me so intently.

"I get to marry my first great love."

"You're so cute it hurts you know?" I tell him and he smirks. It was kinda weird for me because I had been in love with other people but when I thought about how I felt about Calum it was as if the love that I felt for those others wasn't even love, and that made me feel like I was the luckiest person in the world because I really had found the love of my life.

"Uh huh."

"I really love you Hood." I grin at him.

"And I love you too Scott,though soon to be Hood." Calum says and I can't help but feel giddy at the idea of our wedding. He was right...I was soon going to be Genie Hood and apart from our child that was currently growing inside me, it was the one thing I wanted the most.

~•~

I let out a groan at the sound of knocking on the front door. I was just about to have a nap because I was extremely tired today but obviously that was going to have to wait.

Calum wasn't at home and he had gone out early this morning because he and Luke had meetings with potential artists for the whole day.

I drag myself downstairs before going to open the front door. I feel like I get the surprise of my life when I find Sam standing on my door step. I hadn't seen or head from her in weeks and now here she was.