Forty Two // Making Plans.

The next morning I wake up feeling more content than I have in a very long time. For the first time in what seemed like forever everything was going well. Calum and I were in a really good place, I mean within a few months we would be married and that in itself was like a dream come true for not only me, but Calum as well.

Our families were both doing great and our friends were....well there may of been a few issues going on with them but that was okay. I had learned a very long time ago that nothing in life was ever going to be one hundred percent perfect, after all you had to experience the bad to really appreciate the good. 

My eyes drift over to Calum who was sleeping peacefully beside me, Walker was cuddled up right next to him which makes me smile. I really couldn't imagine waking up to a better sight, except maybe Calum cuddled with our kids. 

I carefully hop out of bed, not wanting to wake either of my boys and make my way to the bathroom. Once I had been toilet and brushed my teeth I made my downstairs in to the kitchen and start getting breakfast ready. 

I already knew that Calum was going to have the hangover from hell and I also knew that a good fry up would be exactly what he would need. 

About fifteen minutes later I was almost finished with breakfast but my attention is soon directed to the sound of a knock on the front door. 

I make sure to turn off the elements for everything before making my way to the front door. I open it to find a very tired but happy looking Luke on the other side. 

"Hey Luke." I greet giving him a smile. I never expected to see one of those boys this early considering the night they had last night. 

"Morning G." Luke says then lets out a big yawn as he steps inside. 

"Why didn't you use the key?" I ask him. All of our friends knew where our spare key was and they usually always used it. 

"I forgot about it." Luke shrugs. "Do you have fruit loops?" Luke asks raising his eyebrows at me as we enter the kitchen. 

"Is the sky blue?" I reply and Luke snorts at me before pointing at one of the cupboards. I smile and nod at him letting him know that that was in fact where my beloved cereal was kept.

"So you don't seem very hungover today.." I note and Luke gives me a lopsided grin as he grabs the fruit loops from the cupboard. 

"Well I wasn't nearly as drunk as your husband to be was."

"Really?" I question him. I knew exactly what the boys were like when they drunk together and they usually all ended up on the same level of intoxication.

"Really." Luke nods as he pours himself a bowl of fruit loops. "I don't know....I just wasn't really feeling it and so I switched to water while the others didn't." Luke chuckles and I have to smile. I'm sure Ashton and Michael were feeling just as bad as Calum was today and honestly, the thought of that was so amusing to me.

"Cal wasn't too much of a hassle when he got home was he? I always kind of forget how wifed up my best friends are and that they all have someone waiting at home for them." Luke admits as I grab two plates from the cupboard. The food that I made for breakfast was all ready and jus waiting to be served up.

"Uh he was..." I struggle to find the right words as images of last night run through my mind. "He wasn't a hassle at all." I tell Luke doing my best to seem neutral. The last thing I wanted to speak about with Luke was Calum and I's sex life, no matter how great it was. 

"Oh good." Luke says looking genuinely relieved. It was sweet that he always tried to think about us girls but it wasn't like we couldn't handle our significant others drunk. 

"Do you want any?" I ask Luke as I start serving the food, I had opted to make bacon and eggs, the ultimate hangover breakfast meal. He shakes his head in response, I'm guessing he was more than happy with his bowl of fruit loops.

So what's up with you blondie?" I question and Luke shrugs in response. Well that told me a whole lot. "Have you um...talked to Claudia recently?" I dear to ask. I was still yet to speak to Claudia since her wonderful homecoming and I hadn't gotten a chance to speak to Luke but from what I had heard from the others, he was not open to talking about it. I hoped that I might have some more luck. 

"No and I don't plan to." Luke answers sharply and I almost regret bringing it up...almost. 

"Don't you think you two should talk?" 

"She killed my baby Genie, I really don't have anything to say to her." Luke answers bitterly. "Why are you even trying to defend her?" Luke questions me and I frown at his question. I didn't think that I was trying to defend Claudia, I just thought that after everything that Luke and her had been through that she at least deserved the chance to explain everything to him.

Luke and Claudia both needed to talk things over, not matter how much the two of them thought that they didn't. It was so frustrating for myself and the others. How could we be friends with two people who practically refused to be around each other?

"I'm not-" I start but Luke cuts me off.

"Doesn't it piss you off that you and Calum's baby was just taken away from you? The two of you had no choice in the matter but she did." Luke says and I'm taken back at his words.  How could he even bring up the miscarriage. What Claudia and I went through was completely different. We were different.