Before I know it, I hear footsteps running back to us, and a lot of shouting too.

"Hey, look over there!" I hear Cato shout to the other two, pointing at me and Caleb.

Pushing myself as far back against the tree as I can, I try and slow my breathing, just in case they don't see me.

But Caleb has other ideas. "What on earth are you doing?" I ask him, trying to keep my voice as low as possible. Not that it matters, they definitely know what we are trying to do. I bet right now, they're think up some new torturing methods.

"There's no point in hiding, we are going to have to fight them now." He replies, looking down at the three figures getting closer to us by every second, his expression some what fierce looking.

"And, with what weapon?!" I question him. He looks at me, grabs my pack and starts searching through it, obviously looking for something that could defend us.

"Er, I don't know..." He says, his whole body shaking with fear. Just like he was the day of the reaping.

I know that we need to do something drastic, and without a weapon, we're useless. But then I remember about sponsors, if they like us, they'll send us things to help us out in the arena. And that's what we need just now. I'm gonna have to impress them, with my talking skills.

"You know, you were just like that on the day of the reaping, I remember." Caleb gives me a confused look, not knowing what I'm going on about. But then it all clicks into place in his mind, and he remembers how terrified he was that day. If only he could have had Katniss to give him tips on how not to show your fear.

"What? No, I was not!" He argues, but I know that's just a cover story. "Yes, you were, but that's okay, we all were," I tell him soothingly, resting an arm on his leg. It's only a friendly gesture to us, but to the Capitol, it could be something completely different.

And I think I've done it. He doesn't reply for a second, as he's obviously thinking up a quick snappy come back. Before we know it, I see a white parachute coming towards us, and just settles in the branch above us.

Carefully standing up, I unhook the silver box from the parachute and position myself next to Caleb again.

"What is it?" he asks me, his eyes wide, as I frantically open it up to see what the sponsors have sent us. It's some sort of a grenade.

"A bomb?!" He exclaims, "Wow!"

With my terrible aiming skills, we decide Caleb is the one who will do the throwing. The Careers are getting restless now, searching the tree again and again like wild dogs that have spotted their next meal.

"You'll have to come down sometime..." Cato growls up to us, clutching his spear in his right arm, ready to throw in case of our sudden movement from the old oak tree.

Now is the perfect time to throw the grenade. I whisper this to Caleb, and he nods, standing up on the tree but still keeping in the shadows of it's branches.

I lean forward, just enough so that I can see who's there, and groan as I spot that all three tributes that we seen before have all got some kind of weapon. Cato and his spear, Clove and some sort of axe, and the other girl tribute (whose name I do not remember) with a bow and arrow. Just what Katniss loved to hunt with.

"Good luck," I tell Caleb, indicating that he must do it now, as it's obvious that the Careers are running out of patience.

As he leans over the tree, judging by his facial expression I know that something must be up. And I'm right to, as he soon turns to me and says, "If I throw it now, all of them will dodge it, and then they can easily fire up to us. You're going to have to distract them." My mouth hanging open and what I'm going to have to do, I know in my mind that it's the only way. Flinging my left leg up onto the next set of branches, I heave myself up and carry on doing this until I'm much heigher than Caleb. Clove is looking at me now, but Cato and the other tribute are still focusing on Caleb. I know that they will not even glance at me, let alone make a move, until I do something outrageous; which is what I do.

"Oh no, I'm going to fall!" I scream at the top of my lungs, as I fling out my right arm and leg so that it looks like I really am going to fall.

I've got all of their attention now, and I can see the other girl tribute loading her bow with a shiny arrow. She aims it directly at me, and before I know it, she's released it and it's flying up right towards my torso. Clumsily dodging the arrow, I loose my balance and very nearly fall over the edge.

If she fires just one more arrow, I'm sure to fall right off and into my death.

And I'm not going to take any chances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mwahahahaha! Left it on a cliffhanger, because I'm a bitch. :P

If you beg though, you may get the next chapter. ;)