[14] The Truth

Already, a new chapter :o

Votes and comments and fans are most welcome, so please do just that if you like my story :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opening my eyes slowly, the sunlight streaming in through the trees, it takes a while for my mind to remember where exactly I am. After a few seconds, I finally realise that I'm in fact in the forest in the Hunger Games.

As I adjust the rope that's kept me in this tree all night, I peer over to Caleb to see if he's awake.

"Caleb?" I whisper, shaking him softly; I don't want to be forceful in case I startle him.

"I'm sorry Mother, I promise I won't do it again! Please, no!" Caleb says, struggling in his sleep.

"No, it's Prim here, not your Mother." I tell him, as he slowly opens his eyes and looks straight at me.

"Oh, sorry..." He apologises, looking awkward after his weird outburst.

"Do you care to tell me what that was all about then? I mean, I'd like to know, but you don't have to tell me if you don't want me to know, or if it's a touchy matter," I say, smiling sweetly at him.

"Oh, well... It doesn't really matter." He says, not looking me straight in the eye. Instead, he turns his gaze to the beginning of the woods.

"Oh, okay," I reply, trying my hardest to sound like I couldn't care less, "I was just thinking before about how strange this arena is. I mean, it's like an isolated city nearer the middle then on the outskirts there's a lake and some dense woods. What is that-" I don't even bother to carry on, as I know Caleb isn't even listening.

I'm about to shout st him for being so impolite, when I spot the panicked look on his face. He catches me looking, and instead of explaining, he just points towards the ground by some oak trees (like the one we're sitting in now). Following his finger to where he's telling me to look, I freeze as I spot three tributes standing there.

As they are just too far away for them to see us yet close enough for me to hear what they are saying, I manage to catch a few lines from their conversation.

"Where are we heading to now?" One of the girl tributes, Clove I think her name is, asks a blonde, muscular boy. I know that face, that evil expression on it's face. It's Cato. I shudder as I think back to that first day, in that abandoned building.

"Oh, I don't know. I guess we're just looking for some more people to kill," Cato replies, cackling.

"Oh, alright then. Hey, have you seen that weak girl from District 12 since we came into the arena?" Clove asks him. I wince at the fact that she's just called me weak.

"Oh, yeah I have. Nearly killed her too." He says, looking pleased with himself.

"Wow, your so strong," The other girl tribute tells him, which obviously makes him even more full of himself. Flexing his biceps, he starts walking forward again, followed by Clove and the other tribute.

I push Caleb's head down, and duck myself. If they just look up, then we're dead meat. It's like I've stopped breathing, I'm that silent.

When they've nearly just about passed our tree, I let out a sigh of relief. "Wow, that was close," I say to Caleb, my voice hushed. He just glares at me.