CHAPTER 1

DISCLAIMER: i do not own any of these characters accept Winter Davis. All other characters are marvels.

WINTERS POV

i have sat in this orphanage for 11 years. 11.... thanks a lot of years. although i grew up here, i hated it. i just wanted to have a real home with a real family, and not feel like an object in the clearance section. so today was just another day, identical to the last 5,475 days. or so i thought until one of the new ladies came busting open the doors. as many others would be startled and jumped up, i just stayed still.

"Winter, we have someone here who would like to meet you." I just nodded and stood up. not having the ability to talk was a struggle and a challenge, not only for me, but everyone surrounding me. I slowly walk down the hallway and into an unknow room i haven't been in since the accident. A man who looked to be in  his 40's sat there.

-hello, winter. im tony stark.- he signed to me. i did my best smile although i couldn't open my mouth. it makes me comfortable being around others who sign, i don't feel so left out.

-hi, im winter- he nodded and looked at the ladies supervising our chat, asking politely for them to give us alone time. i nodded my head in agreement as they left.

-i have heard you have powers, is that right?- i nodded. he smilled and signed -well i have powers too. i know you must feel quite alone here so, maybe we could spend some time together, and possibly live together. im interested in adopting you.- my eyes widened and i got excited. i nodded rapidly. He ushered the ladies back in and signed some papers. i tapped on his shoulder in the middle to get his attention and signed

-how long have you been interested in adopting me for?- he smiled and patted my back signing

-months kid, months.- he turned back to finish his paper work and the ladies assigned me to go and collect my things. I picked everything up and stuffed them in a bag. i looked at her and did my best smirk then went back to the room . they sat and discussed for a long while.

"Winter, your going to love it there. i already checked it out." i signed a quick thank you then stood up. i looked at tony and embraced him in a hug. he let out a deep chuckle and hugged back.

-thank you so much.- i signed. he looked at me with happiness glowing in his eyes.

-your welcome, so welcome.- we finished up our moment and began walking down the hallway then out the door. ill never have to come here again. i looked at tony and smiled then jumped in his clearly expensive car and began to think about how much my life is going to change