Anthem Of The Angels (part two)

Start from the beginning

She knew I'd be holding on to her death till the end of time. I know I should listen and stop holding on, but I can't. Even thinking about her makes me feel like a part of her will always be with me. I pause the tape as I remember the gifts for the other guardians. I take off my headphones and then make my way to her old room.

I smile as I enter. We have so many memories in here. This is where we first kissed. We used to dance in here all of the time because she was always singing a melody. I walk to her bed and get on my knees. I reach for the presents and I grab them one by one. Their presents are wrapped in news paper as well. The boxes have their names on them.

  I pile the boxes on top of each other and then walk into the cockpit. I set them down as everyone looks at me like they've seen a ghost.

"What's that?" Gamora asks as she stands up.

"Presents. From (y/n). They're for you guys." I say as I put my hands in my pockets.

They all scramble to their feet and grab the presents with their names. They all open their presents. Gamora's box is long and black. She smiles as she picks up a sword from within the box. I look over at Drax and see him holding a container of bubbles and there are some other childish things in the box. I make my way to Rocket and see him just staring at his large box. He hasn't opened the box yet.

"I can't open it, Quill." Rocket says as tears cloud his vision.

"Why?" I ask as I sit next to him.

"I don't know. I guess I feel like when I open it, I'll just break down and cry. That's not like me at all." He explains.

I get where he's coming from.

"I'll have to except that she's really gone." He gives a pained chuckle.

"My best friend is really gone, Quill." Rocket says to me.

  I have no idea how to comfort him.

"Maybe if you open her gift, you'll see that a part of her is always there with you. I'm pretty sure that's why she gave all of us a present." I say and then he nods.

He opens his present and then confetti shoots out with a pop, causing us all to jump. Rocket is covered in confetti. Rocket just starts laughing as he looks into his box.

"She got me a new rifle and-" He pauses as he lifts up a greenish square looking thing. "This?"

"Rocket, that's a claymore from earth. You set it in the ground and if people walk close enough to it, they explode." I explain as he smiles.

"That girl really knew me." He says with a smile.

"She also got me new knives and not just these strange bubbles you blow out of a stick." Drax says as he lifts up his knives.

"I am Groot." Groot says as he drags his present over to me.

"I'll open it for you." I say as I pick it up and then put it on my lap.

Groot manages to crawl on my lap. I open his present. There are three things. A children's book, a tablet and a twig. I tilt my head to the side in confusion. Rocket looks over at Groot's gift.

"Dude." Rocket says as he reaches over and picks up the twig.

"What?" I ask.

"This is a flora colossus stick. She found someone else that's like Groot." Rocket says as he runs to get the stuff to plant it.

How did she find it? Most importantly, why did she give it to Groot? Rocket runs back into the cockpit and finishes his gardening. He sits back down and starts to read his note. His smile fades as he reads it.

"She knew how she would die this whole time." Rocket says on the verge of tears again.

"What?" I question as Rocket hands me the note.

Rocket, you are my best friend which is why I'm choosing you to tell the others about this. I had an ability to predict the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell any of you, but I wasn't sure how you guys would react. There was no way of avoiding my death. Just know that. Anyway, I'm glad that I met you. You taught me so much and I'm so thankful for that. I love you, Raccoon.

My mouth drops open. She had powers and didn't tell us?

"This whole time, she knew her days were numbered and didn't bother telling us. Why?" I say as I look at Rocket.

"Maybe she didn't wanna worry us, Quill. That's something I would do." Rocket says and then I sigh.

————Time skip—————

A few months have passed and I still miss her. We all do. But the stick she gave Groot, grew into another of his kind. A girl flora colossus. Now Groot and the girl I decided to call Brandy can try to save their kind by reproducing when they're old enough. (Y/n) really thought of everything. In her note to Groot she said that they do end up resurrecting their kind by reproducing. She said she saw it and they were beautiful. She said they were in a beautiful place.

  I'll never get back on the dating horse. I just can't. But I know that when my time comes, (y/n) will be waiting for me. This pain I feel is only temporary and I understand that now. One thing's for sure, she really is a hero.