Anthem Of The Angels (part two)

Start from the beginning

  "She knew the day would come, Quill. She just knew and I didn't know how. She gave the box to me for safe keeping." Rocket explains as tears cloud my eyes at the thought of her.

"Do you know what's in it?" I ask as I look at the small box.

"I have no idea. That's for you to find out." Rocket says as he slides off the bed.

Rocket makes his way to the door, but my voice stops him. "Rocket."

He turns around as his ear twitches.

"Yeah, Quill?" He asks as he places his arms over his chest.

"Thank you." I say sincerely and he nods.

Rocket walks out of the room and then I look at the box and contemplate if I should open it. I take in a deep breath and untie the bow. I lay the small rope next to me and then gently rip off the newspaper.

  What's left is a rectangular sized black box. I open it and see a new Walkman and a cassette tape. I smile as I read the name. Awesome mix vol. 3. I take out the tape and the Walkman and see a note underneath. I place the tape next to me and then open the note.

  Well, if you're reading this, I'm dead. I thought I avoided it so many times, but this time was apparently it for me. Anyway, I don't want you to mourn me anymore. I'm in a better place now and I'll be waiting for you on the other side. If you decide to move on, I understand. I want you to be happy so moving on is better than holding on to a dead girl. I love you so much, Peter. You meant the world to me. I'm sorry that I had to go so soon. There are presents for the other's under my old bed. I want you to give them the presents yourself. Of course tell them they're from me because I deserve the credit.

I chuckle. Even in her death note she could be funny.

If they get the presents from you, it means you're a step closer to forgiving yourself and you can open up more to the other's about how you feel. I know you blame yourself for my death, but please stop. I know it was no one's fault.

It's like she knew she was going to die very soon. But how?

You're probably wondering how I knew my time was close. That's all in Rocket's note. On a somewhat happier note, I put songs that I loved on that cassette and I went through hell putting it together. Shows how much I loved you. I'm not really sure how to end this so

So what!? She didn't finish it! I look on the back and see more words.

Had you goin' there, didn't I?

I bite my lip and chuckle softly. Even in death she keeps me on my toes.

Anyway, don't live your life mourning me, Peter. Be happy and move on. Bye, Love.

The tears that are clouding my vision fall on the note. I miss her so damn much. Moving on is going to be harder than anything. I miss her kisses and her touches.  I grab my The new Walkman. I put the Vol. 3 in and then put on my headphones.

A song that I've never heard before starts to play. It sounds modern. I look at the box again and see a smaller note. I open it as I listen to the song. It's a list of the songs that are on the tape.

1.Anthem of the Angels by breaking Benjamin

(A/n: I recommend listening to this song especially if while you're reading this.)

As the song reaches its end I hear the verse that I'm sure (y/n) wanted me to hear. I keep holding on to you, but I can't bring you back to life. Sing the anthem of the angels then say the last goodbye.