CHAPTER 52

Cameron’s POV:

Shit. I just blew it.

Alone, I walked back inside.

And yup, One Direction was on the stage, rockin’ out.

As I leaned on the wall in the back, Selena came up to me. She had a nervous expression.

                “How’d it go?” she asked.

                “Not well. We’re… done, I guess.”

                “She dumped you? Oh my gosh! I kept help but feel blame for this!”

                I didn’t respond. Just stared at the floor. Then I heard more whimpering. I glanced at Selena, whose head was against the wall, hands covering her face. She was really guilty… I felt bad for her.

                “Hey, Sel…” I said, putting my hand on her shoulder. She crashed into my chest, wrapped her arms around my waist, and cried some more. I had no choice but to wrap my arms around her and comfort her.

                “Listen, it’s ok. Don’t be so hard on yourself.”

                She wiped her nose and eyes. “I-I’m so sorry! I just… I didn’t know that y/n would react like that... I just… I just ruin everything sometimes…” she sobbed some more.

                “It’s ok! You don’t ruin things. It’s not your fault.” I comforted her. “You’re right, y/n does overreact sometimes.”

                “I should wash up… Will you come back with me to my dressing room?” she asked. Her eyes were puffy, she seemed so helpless.

                “Uh, ok, if it makes you feel any better.”

She took my hand and dragged me away backstage.

She led me into a room. It was Justin’s dressing room.

                “This is Justin’s dressing room. Not yours.” I stated.

                “Oh, well, we practically share it. I just hang around her to relax.” she opened a bag and pulled out a bottle of liquor. Rum. “Here, I’ll pour you a glass.”

                “Um, that’s alright. I don’t drink.”

                She stared at me in astonishment. “Never? Never, ever?”

                “Never ever.” I admitted.

                “Would you like a first timer?”

                “No thanks. I’m good.”

                “I insist, it won’t kill you.” She sat down next to me and nudged it towards me.

                “No really, I’m fine.”

                “Rum works amazingly well when it comes to depression, whether a close person just passed away or even a break up.”

                “Really?”

                “It works for me every time!”

                After a while, I took the little shot glass and drank my first gulp of alcohol.