CHAPTER 10

It was really quiet and neat inside her house.

                “So it’s only you who lives in this... really, really big house?”

                She giggled. “No, my brother Max does too. And my mom, but she’s not home that often.”

                “Come on, I’ll show you upstairs!” She said and pulled my hand with her. Upstairs was pretty big too.

                “So… are you rich or something because you have like, a mansion for a house.”

                “Not as rich as you of course. My family isn’t as rich as we look. We’re kind of having financial issues right now, so we might have to sell this house to keep things steady. But that’s not a thing to worry about right now.”

                “Wait, wait, wait, what? You’re struggling with money?”

                “Kind of, well, no. We’re just not getting as much money in the bank as we used to. And I have college to deal with so we’re losing money too. And we have to pay taxes and stuff for this house… Stuff like that but don’t worry about it.”

                “Well if you need any help, I can help.”

                “Thanks, but that’s ok. Don’t worry about it.”

y/n’s POV:

I took Justin to Max’s room so he can meet him.

                “Hey Max, can we come in?” I asked. He turned around and saw Justin. His eyes widened, just like me the first time I saw Justin in person.

                “Hi Max.” Justin said with a smile.

                “Hi Justin Bieber.” he said awkwardly completely in shock to have me standing in his room.

                I laughed. “You can call me Justin.”

                “Ok,” he was smiling.

                “You play NBA 2k too?” Justin asked picking up the game on Max’s messy desk.

                “Yeah…” he said in a happy voice. “You wanna play?” he offered. Justin smiled.

                “Sure.” Justin said and sat down on a chair and grabbed a remote. Minutes later the boys were playing video games forgetting that I was even in the room. I smiled at them and went downstairs and began to cook dinner.

Justin’s POV:

Max was pretty good at NBA 2k, and so was I. It was a serious game. I beat him and he beat me. We were pretty much even. We played for like an hour and then we took a break.

                “You’re pretty good, Max.” I said. He smiled.

                “Thanks. I didn’t know you were that good either.” Max said.

                “Are you kidding? NBA 2k is my game!”

                “Are you called like, the champ or something when it comes to 2k?”

                “Yeah, pretty much… not to brag or anything.” I said coolly. Max laughed. He has the same smile as his sister. “What about you? Do your friends call you the champ?”

                “Yeah… so that’s awkward. We’re pretty much even. There can’t be two champs.”

                “We’ll rematch next time I see you.” I said. He laughed and nodded. I was checking my phone. I looked up at Max who was staring at me, but then quickly looked away.

                “Did you need something?” I asked.

                “What? No.”

                “Don’t be shy. You can tell me.”

                “I was just wondering… this is kind of an awkward question… but don’t take it the wrong way.”

                I laughed. “I won’t.”

                “Um… why are you here?” he said.

                “Why? Am I not welcome here?” I joked. He freaked out because he thought he offended me for real.

                “What? No! Oh, no, no, no! That’s not what I meant!”

                I laughed. “I’m just messin’ with ya. I was just hanging out with your sister and she invited me to hang out at your house so yeah.”

                “Oh.” He sighed.

                “You know, you’re a lot like your sister.” I said looking at him.

                “We get that a lot.” Max laughed. “But what makes you say that?”

                “I just noticed that you guys both freak out easily when you think you hurt someone’s feelings or something like that. And you guys have the same laugh… and the same smile… and eyes.” I was dozing off into a daydream.

                “Justin?” Max said snapping me back into focus. He waved his hand in my face.

                “What? Oh, sorry,”

                “What were you thinking about?”

                “Nothing important,”

                “Do you like y/n or something? Are you guys dating?” he asked looking at me.

                “What?! No. No.” I lied. “Just friends.” I didn’t want to make it awkward for him because he’s her brother. I mean, what if he secretly doesn’t like me?

                He broke into a big smile. “Yes you do, well, at least y/n does.”

                “y/n likes me?”

                “Yeah, enough for me to notice,”

                I tried not to smile, but I couldn’t help it. “What does she do?”

                “I dunno... She just talks to Demi about you a lot, and I overhear sometimes. She says the thing about you that she likes is that you seem like a very nice and sweet and caring type of person.”

                I smiled. “She really likes me?” I asked to make sure. Max nodded.

                “One time, one of my friends, Dustin, came over and she accidentally called him Justin. Dustin comes over all the time, but this was the first time she called him Justin… Enough said.” Max said laughing.

                “Oh.” I smiled. “Thanks for telling me that. I owe you one.” I said and fist bumped him and went downstairs to y/n.