CHAPTER 8

We arrived at the restaurant minutes later and went inside. Not many people were inside, but they definitely recognized me, even with my shades on.

                “Party of three?” the waiter asked. y/n nodded. “Follow me, please.” The waiter said and gave us a booth in a more private part of the restaurant. How thoughtful. y/n and I sat on one side of the table and Fredo sat on the other. We looked over the menu and ordered.

                “So Justin, have you ever been here before?” y/n asked. She was clearly avoiding the topic.

                “Yeah, once with my crew, including Fredo.” I said playing along.

                “What? Oh yeah! That’s right!” Fredo said.

                “What happened?” y/n asked.

                “Well I just finished my first world tour, so we all met up in L.A. to celebrate, and we ate here.” I said.

                “Yeah that was my first time here too.” Fredo said.

                “How about you?” I asked y/n.

                “Oh I’ve been here a million times.” She laughed. “My first time here was back in high school. Second year.”

Our food came and we continued the conversation as we ate.

                “So what happened?” I asked.

                “My boyfriend at the time took me here for our first date. I remember sitting over at that table.” She said pointing to a table from across the room.

                “Good memory.” I said with a laugh.

                “Thanks.”

                “Speaking of boyfriend and girlfriend…” Fredo said softly to y/n, but so I can hear too.

                “Fredo…” y/n hushed and kicked his leg under the table.

                “You know we have to talk about this.” Fredo said. y/n groaned.

                “Fine…” she said.

                “So Za told me that you guys were at the club last night.” Fredo said to me. “And you ran into Selena and something happened.”

                I looked at y/n, who ignored us and continued eating without a word.

                “Um…” I began. “What exactly did Za tell you?”

                “He said that you guys hooked up again or something. What do you think, y/n?” Fredo said. We were both nervous of what y/n’s response was gonna be like. I expected her to get upset or something, but she just calmly looked up and smiled.

                “I think it’s great that you guys are back together.” She said smiling. Fredo and I were surprised that she took it so well.

The waiter came to our table and told us that our car was parked in a reserved spot and that we had to move it.

                “Oh, I’m sorry.” y/n said and picked up her car keys and stood up.

                “Here, I’ll move it for you.” Fredo offered and took the keys from her. y/n sat back down as Fredo left. We continued eating.