CHAPTER 43

THE NEXT DAY…

I’m still not sure whether y/n and I are meant to be despite what I told Demi.

I drove over to the boardwalk to find Eridessa again by myself.

I walked in her shop, which was always empty.

                “Eridessa?” I called.

                She walked out of the backroom. “Harry, didn’t expect you here. Where’s y/n?”

                “She’s not with me.”

                “Oh, I see. How are you, dear?”

                “I’m fine, how are you?”

                “Fine. How can I help you today?”

                “I just want to confirm it. Is it y/n?”

                “Excuse me?”

                “When you said that I needed to let go of the things I love, were you talking about y/n?”

                “I told you that you needed to look back to her past.”

                “And I did. I think she might be in love with Justin,”

                “What makes you so sure?”

                “Well, I’m not 100 % sure, but her mood just lightens whenever he’s around.”

                “And you don’t think she loves you?”

                “I’m sure she does, but… I dunno…” I muttered, lost and confused.

                “What do you think is the right thing, Harry? What is your heart telling you?”

                I hesitated. “I think that y/n is truly meant to be with… Justin. I think she’s in love with him, but she doesn’t realize it and she thinks she’s in love with me.”

                “Now, do you love her?”

                “With all my heart, yes,”

                “Are you willing to let her go?”

                “Only if that’ll make her happier,”

                “So, are you willing to sacrifice your own happiness for hers?”

                I thought about it. I nodded.

                “Then there’s your answer.”

                “Are you sure?”

                “I can’t make this decision for you, but I am happy to guide you.”

                I smiled. “Thank you, Eridessa,”

                “My pleasure, sweetheart. Karma will catch up with you and do you good.”

LATER THAT NIGHT…

I went over to Demi’s place. I told y/n that I needed to talk to her, and that it was very important. No one was home except for Max and y/n.

                We sat down on her couch. “y/n, I have loved every second that I’ve spent with you, and I am so glad that I met you this year, but I’m afraid I am going to have to let you go…” I said uneasily.