CHAPTER 29

Justin’s POV:

I saw Demi walking towards Selena. Demi turned around and slyly nodded at me. Go time.

I opened a door to the van and secretly got the flowers out. I quickly walked across the street, hiding the flowers from Selena’s sight. When I got to the other end, I peered over to her. Phew! She didn’t see. I made my way over to Demi’s apartment. I looked around, trying to find the correct apartment, then I saw Max helping y/n to the door. I ran towards them and stopped Max.

                “Hey, thanks buddy, I got it from here,” I said and Max left to get some more things from the car.

I led y/n into the apartment and helped her onto the couch. She sighed.

                “Thanks, moving around with these is such a struggle,” she complained.

                I chuckled. “No problem,”

She looked around and noticed the flowers in my hand. She sighed. I was confused at her look of disappointment, but then I realized that she thought these were for Selena.

                “Oh! Um, I almost forgot. These are for you,” I said handing her the flowers.

                “What?” she responded with confusion.

                “Yeah, these to you, from me,”

                “Oh, thank you!” she said. “What for?”

                “I don’t know… Just… wanted you to know that I care,” I smiled.

She was blushing. She thanked me once more and we hugged.

                She started to groan a little. “Justin…”

                “Yeah?” I asked with my arms still around her.

                "You’re hugging me too tight,”

                I quickly let go. “Oh sorry, I forgot your body was still hurting,”

                She giggled, “It’s ok,”

Selena, Demi, and Max came in.

                “Oh, what’s going on here?” Selena said smiling, seeing that y/n and I were on the couch, alone in the apartment.

                “Nothing, just talking,” I said.

                “Oh, cool. What were you guys talking about? Ooh, and where were the flowers from?” she asked suspiciously.

She was onto something.

y/n’s POV:

                “Uhh…” Justin said, unsure of what to say.

                “Um, the hospital,” I said quickly.

                “What?” Justin and Selena said in unison.

                “The hospital,” I repeated, “One of my relatives uh, b-bought me flowers to congratulate me on… um, on my recovery. Yeah,” I said roughly, making up every word on the spot.

                “Oh, ok…” Selena said,

                “Um, Selena?” Demi said, “Can you help me with this in the car?”

                “U-um… Fine,” she said. I knew she didn’t want to leave us alone.

When they left, Justin turned to me.

                “Thanks,” he said.

                “For what?”

                “Saving me from trouble with Selena. It’d sound kinda weird for her boyfriend to give another girl flowers,” he said with a nervous chuckle.

                “Oh, it’s alright. I knew these were only meant to be, um, friendly,” I said, trying not to frown.

Justin’s POV:

The night came. Selena and I were heading home to give y/n some time to rest and unwind. Selena wanted to go home anyways.

We arrived at my house and went inside.

                “So… y/n seems like a nice girl,” Selena brought up all of a sudden. But I didn’t question it. Not underestimating her anymore.

                “Yeah, you think so?”

                “Yeah, why not?”

                “Nah, can’t think of a reason. She’s too nice and clean. Flawless, but of course I don’t mean that in a romantic way, baby,” I said holding Selena against the wall about to kiss her.

                “Flawless… hm.” she whispered in doubt.

                “What was that?” I asked.

                “Huh? Nothing.”

                “You don’t think y/n is flawless?”

                “Justin, everyone has flaws, even me. You can’t deny it,”

                “Ok, what’s wrong with y/n?”

                “Well, I don’t know how to explain it. She seems too… innocent.”

                “Too innocent?”

                “Yeah, but enough of that baby,” Selena said trying to change the topic by kissing me. I tried to pull away to talk about this more, but she advanced on me and took over my body…

The thought never really left my head for the whole night.