CHAPTER 2

I woke up and went downstairs. I had a dream and Trey was in it. But he didn’t recognize me. I tried so hard to get him to remember me, but he wouldn’t and he tried to avoid me as if I was some lunatic… What a crazy dream though. I went down to the kitchen. Max was already there at the table, eating cereal and watching TV.

                “Good morning.” I said and went to get myself some cereal too.

                “’Morning.”

I poured myself some cereal and sat down with Max.

                “So when is Dylan’s mom coming over to pick you up?” I asked.

                “Like… Noon… or 1.” he said. Max is sleeping over at his friend, Dylan’s, house for the next three days. Demi is also sleeping over at my house while he’s gone.

The doorbell rang. I stood up to get it. Demi stood there hold her bag with that big smile she always has.

                “Hey!” I said and welcomed her in with a hug.

                “Hey! Max gone already?”

                “Yeah, he left like a little more than an hour ago. C’mon, I’ll show you the guest room.” I said motioning her to follow me upstairs.

                “K. So are you excited for the barbecue later?” she asked.

                “Yeah, sure. Are a lot of people coming?”

                “Um… I don’t think so... Probably like 30 people or so.”

Demi set her bags down and flopped on the bed. She patted the spot next her so I can lie down next to her.

                “So… this Trey thing…” she started.

                “Oh god… Can we not? I’d rather not talk about it.”

                “Ok, ok fine. But as long as you understand how we all feel about him.”

                “I know. And I thought about it… you might be right. But I dunno… he’s not here right now so I’m not gonna deal with it.”

                “Are you gonna break up though?”

                “No. I’m not sure about everything yet.” I said. Demi groaned. I laughed. “Sorry.”

                “Just do me a favor because you know I’m a million times positive that he isn’t the guy for you.”

                “What?” I looked at her.

                “At the party tonight, just keep an eye out for any guy you might be interested in. I’m sure there are plenty of better guys.” she said. I laughed.

                “Ok sure.”

                “C’mon, it’s time to go.” I said and picked up my car keys. Demi came downstairs and we got in my car.

                “Damn, I’m starving!” she said. I laughed.

                “Haha, so am I.”

We pulled up at Bruno’s driveway. A lot of cars were already here. We stepped out of the car and made our way towards his house.

                “Mmmm! I can smell it already!” Demi said as we stared at the smoke rising from his backyard. We could hear the music too. I rang the doorbell. Phil opened it. He’s Bruno’s best guy friend.