Chapter 20

"Hidaya spoke to her parents last night." I say while I clean the table, as Nathaniel washes the dishes. 

"Yeah, how did that go?" He asks, wiping the dishes dry. He turns around and faces me, curiosity spread across his face.

I shrug, frowning. "It didn't go too well, she just sent me a text last night saying it didn't go well and that she doesn't know what to do." I sigh, taking a seat. "I feel terrible, I don't know what to do to make her feel better." 

"Just be there for her. There's not much you can do to help the situation, but don't let her give up." Nathaniel says sitting beside me. "That if she really thinks Adam is worth it, not to give up because that will haunt her forever." Nathaniel says feeling bad, a small frown spread across his face.

"I got super lucky with you, because I understand where her parents are coming from, I don't agree with it, but I sympathise with her because even though I am half south Asian, I was not brought up in an south Asian household and even then my birth fathere was Turkish so, either way, I guess I would have been alright." I say glumly. "But sabr is key, and I know Adam makes her so happy so she'll do what's right." I nod firmly.

"I saw Adam yesterday, he did not look good. And your brother always looks good." Nathaniel shakes his head. "I feel terrible, but it'll be alright in the end, and we'll attend our first Asian wedding." Nathaniel says excitedly.

I laugh softly. "And eat lots of asian food." I grin, excitedly. 

***

"I convinced my sister to meet you, to show her what kind of people you are." Hidaya says nervously. "That you're not just people who call themselves Muslim, but you're actually Muslim. Also, you're half Asian so it should help." 

"Adam doesn't even look white though, he looks basically Arab." I say feeling slightly stressed by the thought of meeting her sister.

"It's not that." She sighs. "Actually it is, it's worse that it's a white guy I want to marry, but even if he was Arab they would have a problem with it. My parents are extremely cultural, they don't want me to marry outside of my race so this is going to be so hard." 

"If you really love Adam, and you know he is worth it, you'll have patience." I nod softly.

"I really do love him and I know he is worth it. And I know he comes from such a great family, I mean just look at you and him, you guys are great kids. I wish they would just meet Adam, they would love him." Hidaya says distressed, resting her elbows on the table and pressing her palms against her cheeks. 

"Let's meet your sister first, then I'll try convicing her that we're not so different." I say feeling nervous, I didn't knot what I was getting myself into.

Me and Hidaya walk into a starbucks, "My sister should be here, she texted me just five minutes ago." Hidaya says looking around, she eventually smiles and waves ahead of us. "She's there." She says pointing at a girl sitting in the far back, grabbing my wrist she directs me.

The girl was stunning, her long black hair fell that fell to her lower back was the first thing that caught my eyses, her thick dark brows and lashes were captivating. They really did have beautfiul features. As we walk closer her face becomes more warmer and a smile forms.

Warmly, I smile at her and she smiles back. "Aasia, this is Leena my sister, and Leena this is Aasia." Hidaya says excitedly taking a seat and guestering me to take a seat.

"Nice to meet you." I say with a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you." She replies.