Chapter Eleven

"It's only almost ten pm, the perfect time to start a date. Now that we're married of course." Nathaniel says chuckling softly. "So, would you like to go on a date with me?"

I raise my eyebrow slightly. "Did you come ready for a date?" I ask, looking at his clothes. He wore a white Ralph Lauren shirt and a black pair of jeans. His hair was sleekly pushed back letting a string of hair fall onto his forehead. "Because you sure do look good." I say with a light smile. "Unlike me, I can't go on a date looking like this." I say rolling my eyes.

"You came to a party looking like that?" Nathaniel says shaking his head. "Beside, you look beautiful. You always do." Nathaniel places a hand on top of mine.

"I'm wearing jeans and a sweater, I didn't come dressed for a party Nathan, I came dressed for the arcade." I say grinning sheepishly at my clothes.

"And yet, you look better than any girl who came dressed for a party." Nathaniel says with a soft smile.

I purse my lips together, forming a small smile I let out a breathy laugh. "I've missed you." I say falling back into the seat. "But yes I accept your request for a date." I say with an excited tone. "You may start to try winning me back now." I say chuckling.

Nathaniel chuckles pushing away from his seat and closer to mine. "Oh I plan to."

*

"This?" I say frowning. "We traveled three hours for this?" I say exhaustedly, as I stare at the forest looking field in front of me. "What even is this?"

Nathaniel rolls his eyes looking down at me. "Patience my wife." Nathaniel says teasing. "You'll love it."

"It's all muddy." I groan while we walk through the field. "Did it rain or something?" I say looking around the field, water drops were lingering on the leaves of the branches above us.

"Think it did."

"Great. My white converses are going to get dirty." I mutter as we trek through the grass into the woods.

"It's here somewhere." Nathaniel says under his breath, looking around the area. "We're almost there, don't worry." Nathaniel says intertwining his fingers with mine. I smile as I look at our hands clasped together, maybe we didn't need two weeks to be alright again.

"Take as long as you want, these converses are already ruined." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"We can just chuck 'em in the washing machine, babe." Nathaniel says giving me a cheesy smile.

"Shut up." I say with a breathy laugh. "It's like one am, is this safe?" I ask nervously, looking at my surroundings, the sky was a midnight blue with stars scattered everywhere shining light down to us. The grass was cut low so I could see what we were walking on with my phone's torch on.

"I think so? Nothing bad ever happens in North Carolina." Nathaniel shrugs. "The trees do look pretty creepy." Nathaniel says pointing at the tree beside us with his head. It looked extremely scary, this place was full of old trees.

"Remember if anything happens, like anything bad, what's the first thing you should do?" I say tensely as we carry on walking through the woods.

"Urm... run?" Nathaniel says looking down at me.

"What?" I hiss, squirming. "No, you save me, you put me first and then you can do whatever you like." I shake my head, barging him slightly, humorously.

"Oh yeah, gotta put you first, always." Nathaniel nods firmly. "Sorry, forgot, 'cause you know, these last few days I've been alone, I guess I got used to putting myself first, 'cause you weren't there, you know." Nathaniel says looking at me with a slight smirk.