Chapter Ten

It was Saturday morning and Cassie decided to come to my house as well as visit her mom, while she was here. It had been five days since I moved out of the apartment, I didn't want to tell anyone why I had left for a while because they would see Nathaniel in a different light. Adam and my dad were still unaware of the fact I was pregnant, I can't tell if they'd freak out or party. Having my mom by my side right now was the most important thing because I was struggling to look after myself and this baby.

"I don't understand why you just didn't come stay with me." Cassie says putting a spoonful of froyo in her mouth.

I roll my eyes. "Because I'd be literally next door of him? How is he going to miss me and want me if I'm like literally next door." I say shaking my head.

"Yeah but now you're a whole hour away from me and from school." Cassie huffs.

"With the bus, yeah, but Adam gave me his old car, so it's like forty-five minutes." I say feeling happy about the fact I had my own car finally.

Cassie groans pushing her froyo aside and looks at me. "Have you spoken to him yet?"

I shrug. "No." I murmur. "He hasn't messaged me at all, you'd think he would even say 'are you alright' or 'did you get home safe'." I say rolling my eyes.

"I haven't seen him at all, I haven't even heard the doors being open or closed." Cassie says shaking her head. "It's like he's not even in the apartment, I can't hear a peep from there." Cassie says sounding concerned.

"You think he's alright?" I ask. "I want to message him but then I don't want to at the same time." I shrug. "'cause that kind of defeats the purpose of me trying to make him win me back."

"I messaged him, but the message hasn't even sent. I'm guessing his phone is turned off." Cassie says. "And this was a couple of days ago."

I shake my head. "Let's stop thinking about him, if he really wants me he'll fight for me." I say with a tight smile, trying to convince myself Nathaniel wasn't going to give up on me.

"Right, so I need to tell you something so important!" Cassie says with a wide smile looking flustered.

"Go on..." I say slowly.

"Jacob messaged me again." She says with a grin.

My smile fades and turns into a neutral expression. "Really?"

"I know he was a jerk for leaving me like that, but I think he really wants to try this whole long distance thing." Cassie says shrugging while grabbing her phone.

"Here." She says passing me her phone and a text message from Jacob which she hasn't responded to yet.

"Hi Cassie, I know it's been a while and I know I left without even trying with you. But I seriously miss you and haven't been able to stop thinking about you throughout the whole summer, I think we should give our relationship another go. What do you say?"  I read the text message out loud in a dry tone.

"Really? That's the best he could do?" I say raising my eyebrows at her. "He wasn't even being cute or saying how he still loved you." I shake my head. "Honestly, you can do so much better, Duke is full of handsome sweet guys who would be perfect for you, who's close to home you know?" I say rubbing her shoulders.

Cassie huffs. "I don't know Asi, I just really love him." Cassie murmurs.

"Maybe you don't, maybe you just miss the things you guys did and how you were, I'm sure if you moved on, found someone new you'd totally forget about him." I say reassuringly.