Chapter Eight

"So she literally touched his lips?" Cassie raises her eyebrow, shocked she takes a seat. "They might as well have kissed!" Cassie shakes her head in dismay. After running from the apartment, I hid behind the building for ten minutes making sure I wouldn't bump into Nathaniel on my way back in when I went to Cassie's house because I wasn't going to go back to our apartment.

"I know!" I say bewilderedly. Pacing through her apartment, clutching onto my chest trying to control my breathing and tears.

"Let me rip her hair out, please." Cassie growls in a frustrated tone, digging her fingernails into the palm of her hands.

"By all means!" I almost shriek with anger. "Wait." I say sighing quietly. "Let's not. Let's be the better people and not retaliate." I shrug, falling back into the sofa.

"She's literally stealing your husband." Cassie says narrowing her eyes at me, as she walks towards me.

I roll my eyes. "No one can be stolen unless they want to be." I shake my head, starting to feel the sadness now that I had calmed down and the anger had left.

"But that doesn't mean you should stand by and watch, do something about it, yell at him to stop hanging out with that bitch!" Cassie says firmly holding onto my hands.

"You mean, ask him to choose between us?" I say frowning. "And what if he chooses her?"

Cassie rolls her eyes. "He'd never."  Cassie says reassuring me. "So, on to other important issues, what did they say in the checkup today? Is everything okay?"

"The baby's healthy, everything went fine." I say with a small smile, placing a hand on my stomach.

"Does your family know?"

I sigh. "My mom does." I shrug. "I haven't told the rest yet, they won't understand why I would want to hide it from Nathan."

"In time everything will be out in the open and you'll feel great." Cassie rubs my shoulders. "When do you want to leave for the mall?" Cassie asks.

"Give me like twenty minutes, the gel went on my trousers I need to change." I say cringing as I look down at my trousers. "So much for the paper towels." I say with a brief laugh.

"Alright, text me when you want me to come out."

*

Pulling on a new pair of pants, I grab the dirty one which I threw on the floor and put it in the laundry bucket.

"Aasia?" Nathaniel says softly walking towards me from the toilet. "You're back." He says with a towel around his waist, he must have just come out of the shower.

"To get changed, I'm going to the mall with Cassie." I say bluntly, grabbing my keys from the drawer and chucking it in my bag.

"Okay..." Nathaniel says awkwardly, taking a seat on the bed.

"What were you doing in the hospital, again?"

"What?" I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah, you go there quite often, why did you go there after everything happened in the morning?" Nathaniel asks with a confused expression.

"Wait, how do you even know that?"

"Your snapchat location is turned on." Nathaniel shrugs. "So?" He asks, getting up from the bed and walking closer to me.

"You're such a creep, why are you even checking where I am?" I ask feeling slightly awkward, I apply moisturizer to my hand.

"I don't know, I just kind of did." He says feeling embarrassed. "But why are you always going to the hospital?" Nathaniel asks furrowing his eyebrows. "Is everything okay?"