Chapter Six

"Wear something nice, I'm taking you out." Nathaniel slightly yells as I walk through the door into our apartment.

"What?" I call out, dropping my books onto the floor as I close the door shut behind me. My class had finished and I came straight home. Closing the door, I pick up my books again and walk into our room where Nathaniel was.

"We're going on a date." He says cheerfully. He was in a white Tommy Hilfiger shirt with a light blue pair of jeans, I cock my head to an angle analysing the changes to his appearance, his hair was nicely done instead of his messy hair he usually has, which I love, don't get me wrong.

I laugh. "Where to?" I ask, putting my books away and taking my bag off whilst sniffing the area, I nod in approval of the new cologne he was wearing. I take a seat on the bed and take my shoes off.

"It's a surprise." He says glumly. "How long will you need?"

"Uh, give me twenty minutes, I just have to change." I say going straight to my wardrobe trying to find something 'nice' for wherever Nathaniel was taking me.

*

"The zoo?" I ask, squinting at the sign that was covered by the light that shone from the sun. Did he tell me to look nice for the zoo? Really? I look down at my outfit and then at the entrance of the zoo again. "Nathan, I'm wearing heels." I say with a straight face.

"And yet you're still not as tall as me." Nathaniel wiggles his eyebrows, gloating about his height once again. "Come on, you were dying to go to the zoo, remember?" He says with a slight smile on his lips.

I furrow my brows and shake my head. "The day after we got married, when we made plans, this was one of them." He says with a tight smile, intertwining his fingers with mine.

"Oh." I say to myself. "Cool." I smile warmly, walking into the zoo not trying to think about how I was completely overdressed for the zoo.

The zoo was pretty much empty, other than elderly couples and families that looked like they came from abroad for holidays. And then there was us, an overdressed female with her husband, but I didn't want to complain because Nathaniel seemed really happy with his warm gesture.

"Oh look, a pig." I say squirming, I lift my nose in disgust by the smell that escaped the pigsty in front of us. "Do you miss your ex-best friends then?" I say frowning at the pigs as they roll around in the mud in their small gated area.

"What?" Nathaniel says bluntly raising his eyebrows.

"Pork." I say lightly, with a playful smile on my face.

I roll my eyes and playfully barges me. "They're not my ex-best friends." He says defensively like a child. "I barely even ate pork or bacon, I was more of a steak person." Nathaniel nods to him, walking away from the pigsty.

"Okay Nathan." I nod, chuckling as I follow behind him.

We carry on walking, passing various animals which none of them seemed to grab Nathaniel's attention, I wasn't sure what he was looking for so impatiently, even when we went past the tigers he didn't seem amused, unlike me who insisted on Nathaniel taking a couple of pictures of me and the tigers.

"There!" Nathaniel says excitedly. I look at the direction where he was pointing. I furrow my eyebrows when I realise what it was.

"Really?" I say dully, walking towards it while Nathaniel ran towards it.

"Babe, we need to get a pet monkey!" Nathaniel chuckles, holding onto the gates as he watches the monkeys gracefully. I laugh, because there was no way in hell we were getting a monkey, beside I don't think we're even allowed to get monkeys here in North Carolina.