Chapter Thirteen

It was quarter past twelve in the afternoon and I had just woken up from sleep, completely disregarding the fact I have school and work to do. I hover around the room for a while, waiting for one o clock, when I had a check-up appointment. Nathaniel hadn't messaged me since yesterday and I didn't bother messaging him, I didn't even check his last seen on WhatsApp, I was too in denial of everything that was happening.

"You ready?" My mom says opening the door.

I nod tiredly.

"Alright, give me twenty minutes, I'm going to make you some lunch and we'll set out, okay."

I give her a tight smile, the thought of eating lunch had cheered me up slightly. Now that my stomach was growing by the day, it was quite impossible to wear a regular fitted top and not look pregnant.

I told Tobias I was pregnant yesterday, let's just say he was a hundred times more excited than Nathaniel was.

*

"How is the small one?" Tobias asks excitedly.

I smile. "The doctor said everything's fine, I just need to make sure I stay hydrated because I've apparently been stressed lately." I shrug.

"You need to make sure you look after yourself, even with everything going on." Cassie says softly, squeezing my shoulders.

I nod. "I will, I keep forgetting to make sure I drink enough water or eat on time, have my vitamins, who knew even being pregnant was a huge responsibility." I say tiredly.

"Not me." Cassie says. "I'm never having a kid." Cassie shivers exaggeratedly, Cassie never liked the idea of having children until she was about 30.

I laugh. "Come on, let's go to the movies shall we." I say warmly. Cassie and Tobias wanted to meet up today to take my mind off everything, so we decided to invite Tobias's girlfriend Leila and Cassie's new friend.

"I told Leila to wait for me outside of the cinemas." Tobias says while texting on his phone.

"I told Tyler to wait for me outside there too." Cassie says as we walk closer to the cinema.

"So the secret admirer's name is Tyler?" I say winking.

Tobias coos.

Cassie barges me and Tobias, blushing she rolls her eyes. "Please don't embarrass me! He's so cute and tall, he has nice arms and everything!" Cassie squeals. "Basically the complete opposite of Jacob." She shrugs with a small smile on her face suggesting she was finally getting over Jacob.

We wait in the seating area of the cinemas while Tobias gets the tickets, Leila and Tyler still weren't here yet. I was feeling nervous about today because I'd be the third wheel for both couples. Maybe not. I did have another human inside of me after all.

After a few minutes of waiting, Leila approaches us. She was wearing black air maxes that matched her black cropped jumper and jeggings. She was the complete opposite of Tobias, she was much quieter and gave off a goth vibe, although I don't think she intentionally went for that look. Tobias, on the other hand, reminded you of a rainbow, he was always cheerful, and definitely not quiet.

"Hey." I say warmly.

"Hey girl." Cassie says.

"Hey girls." Leila says softly, fiddling with her fingers.

"Tobias is just getting the tickets." I say as I move my head around to spot him. I see him at the front of the queue.

"Tyler's coming in right now, so be nice!" Cassie says nervously. She quickly fixes her hair which was let out in curls and tucks her white blouse into her cropped trousers. Giddily, she smiles, as she stares at the entrance waiting for him to come.