Chapter Seven

"What are you doing?" Nathaniel asks, walking into the room and stripping down to his short and his vest. I watch him with the corner of my eyes as he walks towards me, when he takes a seat near me on the bed I close the laptop that I was using.

I was looking at jobs, although we agreed to not get jobs anytime soon, but with this baby on its way, we needed one, if not two.

"Nothing." I murmur, grabbing my phone from the bedside and flicking through my notifications.

"You've been kind of quiet today, you alright?" He asks, sliding closer towards me, and putting an arm around my shoulders.

I push his arm off with my shoulders, grumpily I turn away from Nathaniel's view and gawk at the blank screen on my phone.

"What's wrong?" He asks, his tone less playful now. "Are you starting to feel sick again?"

I roll my eyes. "Leave me alone, I don't want to talk right now." I growl quietly, trying to remain calm, debating whether or not I should mention to him what I witnessed today.

Nathaniel remains silent for a long second, to the point I thought he was about to leave the room until I felt him slightly shift away from me. "Well that's your problem Aasia, you don't ever want to talk about what's bothering you." Nathaniel spits, his tone harsh and his jaws clenched.

I cock my head to an angle and furrow my brows. "Oh okay, so I have a problem now?" I say in a patronising tone, clearly knowing that wasn't what he was intending for.

Nathaniel flickers his eyes, shaking his head. "That's not what I meant, I just mean why can't you talk to me about what's going on in your head?" Nathaniel says with his tone rising with each word.

My heart beat starts to rise, to the point I thought I was about to start yelling at him to be quiet, but I knew if I did that I would start to cry so I try to control my emotions by breathing in and out.

"I do talk to you!" I say defensively, not wanting to say any more words because I was afraid I'd start crying.

"Not when you're mad about something, you don't."

"Argh." I scream in frustration, I didn't know how to tell him without sounding jealous of her because I wasn't, I was totally okay with him having friends. Just not friends who wanted to steal my husband or came across like they did, it wasn't worth the risk.

"You said you were going to go do work, but you were with that girl, drinking coffee," I say in a blunt tone. "And laughing." I hissed, getting up from a lying position and standing up. Nathaniel steps forward, looking slightly taken back from why I would know that.

"Well?" I almost yell, walking closer to him when he doesn't reply. The atmosphere started to become unbearably uncomfortable, but it was my fault we were in this situation. I should have just been clear about this from the beginning.

Nathaniel shakes his head. "I was working." He frowns, emphasising on the word was. "In the coffee shop, Sam is in my group for the project." He says awkwardly, walking closer to me with his expression softening. Unlike my expression which was becoming more and more confused, the more he justified himself, the angrier I felt.

"We decided to meet up in the coffee place, because her dad owns the store and he needed workers. I know we said no jobs, but now that I think about it, we're really going to need one." Nathaniel bites his bottom lips eagerly, hoping that I would be okay with what he was saying.

I was okay with it, but I was just way too angry, even though I understood why he failed to mention it to me, it just wasn't something important enough to mention.