Chapter Eighteen

My hands rest softly on Nathaniel's cheeks as my eyes slowly part, the tiredness quickly fading. The warmth of Nathaniel's body against mine under the duvet felt amazing, unlike my arm which was above the duvet, frozen. I notice we must have overslept because I had no sign of tiredness inside me, that could only mean I slept for a good amount of hours.

I don't bother waking up Nathaniel, if we were late, we were late. I let the warmth from his cheek warm my palms as I watch him sleep. So peacefully, his eyes remain closed whilst mine linger on his. His face a light peach tone, he looks like a child. I smile at how handsome he was. 

His thick lashes prominent against his pale morning skin with the sunlight directly hitting the arch of his face, he breathes slowly gracefully asleep. I start to rub his cheeks softly in circular motions. I smile softly, I'm so in love.

"You look so beautiful in this light." I murmur quietly, sliding my hands towards his hair. I run my fingers through his hair gently so he doesn't wake up.

I roll closer to him, wrapping my arms around him I snuggle into his chest, my lips pressed against his neck. I feel his arms wrap around me softly, he yawns quietly, with his lips curving into a smile. "Morning, baby." 

"Morning, baby." I say with a soft smile, resting my head against his and looking down into his eyes, a smile lingers on his lips as he pulls me closer to him.

*** 

"You got me breakfast in bed! I really am in love with you." I say gushing with emotion as Nathaniel places the tray on the bed.

He chuckles coming closer to me and kissing me. "It was nothing, waffles in the toaster, pancakes in the microwave, eggs scrambled within minutes." Nathaniel shakes his head letting out a soft laugh, taking a seat beside me.

"It's everything." I say thankfully, pressing my head against his shoulders, before grabbing a waffle.

"I'm sorry I made you miss college today, I just saw how unwell you were last night and felt like you deserved a day to just rest." Nathaniel says rubbing my palms, and looking at me apologetically.

I smile. "Thank you." I squeeze his hands. "I appreciate you so much. Thank's for ditching college with me." 

"Anything for my love." 

It was almost two in the afternoon, me and Nathaniel were cuddled up on the sofa watching the big bang theory. 

*Ping*

We both turn our attention to the sound of the alert, it was my phone. "Get that for me, babe." I ask Nathaniel as it was beside him on the coffee table.

He reaches over and grabs the phone, he looks at the phone for a few seconds and then puts it back on the table and focuses back on the t.v. 

Erm ok? "What was it?" I ask.

His eyes remain fixated on the screen. "Nathan." I ask again.

"Uh, nothing." He says softly, keeping his eyes on the screen. Rolling my eyes, I reach over and grab my phone, Nathaniel scoffs as I lean back against the sofa again.

I look at him and pull a face. I tap my phone and see that the notification was cleared, Nathaniel must have unlocked my phone. Unlocking my phone I check my notifications, it was from Tobias.

TOBIAS: "You didn't come in today, you alright? missed you."

"Really, Nathan? Could you be so immature." I shake my head, barging him.