Chapter Sixteen

"You look beautiful." Nathaniel shakes his head softly in disbelief and walks towards me. He leaves a peck on my shoulders, massaging my arms.

I look at him dead in the eye. "You just witnessed me vomiting, I haven't even cleaned up." I laugh. "You're weird." I shrug him off me, feeling disgusting.

I get off my bed and walk into the bathroom and rinse my mouth. I literally had a shower a few hours ago and didn't have time to have another one. I shake my head and wash half of my face despite having make up on. 

"I'm sorry babe, I have to fix my make up." I say kissing my teeth. "Give me like ten minutes." I say as I dry half of my face and moisturise it before I put foundation back on. 

"That's alright, there's nothing to apologise for. We're both responsible for your vomiting." Nathaniel says lying on the bed with his legs dangling down. 

"Why are you at fault?" I ask, sitting down on the dressing table and grabbing my sponge to apply my foundation.

"'Cause I got you pregnant." 

I scoff. "Oh yeah." I say sarcastically. "How could I forget."

**

We get to the event an hour after it had started so it was pretty much packed out after I managed to get my make up done, I realised vomit had fallen on my dress and I needed to scrub it off. I know, disgusting. But again, I couldn't help it.

"You finally decided to make it." Cassie says with a tight smile, grabbing me by the hand and pulling me to where ever she was taking me. Nathaniel follows behind me, his head low and his expression cold. Despite being so used to his broody personality, I always told him to look more enthusiastic when he was outside, his expression always scared people from talking to us. 

"Where are we going." I say as I scan the room, there was a lot of people from my campus and some older adults who looked really important. The lighting was slightly low, making the environment seem elegant. Even though we were just in the basketball hall. 

"Your seats." Cassie hisses. "That bitch keeps coming and trying to take your seat Aasia." Cassie scoffs.

"Who?" Nathaniel asks, his tone low.

"Who do you think." I say shaking my head. The one and only Sam. I shove past the group of people who were lingering around the tables talking to each other.

"Here." Cassie gestures to the two empty seats. "Sitting near me."  We all take our seats, and by the looks of it Nathaniel was trying to avoid the whole Sam thing, even though it slightly annoyed me for some reason, but that was probably just the hormones. 

"You hungry?" Nathaniel says looking down at me with a soft smile.

I turn my head to face him and let my eyes linger on him for a while so I don't snap for no reason. I calm myself down by eyeing him, he looked so handsome, especially because he didn't usually dress like this. He was wearing a really nice black Ralph Lauren shirt with smart trousers. I tried my hardest to get him to wear smart shoes but there was no point, he wore his sneakers as usual. 

"Starving." I say with a warm smile. "By the way, have I mentioned how handsome you look?" I say with a smile tugging at my lips.

"Well." Nathaniel clears his throat. "Not with words but your eyes sure have since I got ready." Nathaniel bounces his eyebrows, smirking.

I let out a soft laugh, pushing him slightly. "Stop it." I roll my eyes playfully.

He chuckles, his smile reaching his eyes he places his hand on top of mine and squeezes it. And just like that all the unnecessary anger I had inside me disappear.