Chapter Ninteen

It was Saturday afternoon and the rain was pouring down heavier than ever. We haven't seen rain like this in a while, it was actually quite nice hearing the sound of heavy raindrops hitting the floor.

My hands wrapped around a warm cup of coffee, I walk over to the couch and place it on to the coffee table, I take a seat beside Nathaniel who was on his phone. Putting my arm around his waist I snuggle closer to him. I rest my head on his shoulders, holding on to him.

"Watcha' doing?" I murmured, looking at the T.V, Brooklyn nine nine was playing. 

"Just talking to a friend." Nathaniel murmurs with his voice wavering.

I look down at his phone. "Nathaniel has friends?" I tease, letting out a soft laughter.

He chuckles briefly. "Very funny." He barges me softly. "I actually have a lot of friends, thank you." He says proudly. "I just like hanging out with you usually." Nathaniel nods softly.

I smile giddily. "I know, baby. I know you have friends, you don't need to explain." I say teasing some more, giggling.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes. "Anyways, he invited me over to his today to just chill I guess, but I said no because I'm with you." Nathaniel says looking slightly conflicted.

"We haven't got anything planned today, so why don't you just go?" I ask.

"You'll be alone?" He shrugs. "AND you're ALOT pregnant, what if something happens." 

I laugh softly, rubbing his palm with my thumb. "Yeah, I won't die from being alone, Nathan." I roll my eyes. "Go, please." I say with a tight smile.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes. Anyways I won't be alone I'll just ask Tobias if he wants to chill, I know he hasn't got class today." 

Nathaniel's face shifts, raising his eyebrows he shakes his head. "Change of plans. I'm not going, so that means you're not chilling with Tobias."

"Shut up." I say pulling a face. "You're so immature, anyways I might even hang out with Hidaya. Wanted to talk to her about some stuff." I shrug, confused with what I wanted to do today.

He clenches his jaw and stares at me, slowly his face starts to relax and he lets out a deep breath. "It's cool, you can hang out with Tobias, I don't mind." He shrugs. "Or at least I'm trying not to mind." He sighs, pulling me into him.

"I mean, you don't need my permission, I'm just letting you know that I am not mad." Nathaniel corrects himself, resting his jaw on my shoulders. I laugh softly, breathing into him.

"I love you." 

"I love you." He replies. 

***

It was four pm and me and Hidaya were in a cafe near campus. The rain had been pouring since early morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop soon. Time's like this, I really did wish I had a car, but I just couldn't afford it. 

"How do you like your lemonade?" Hidaya asks me as I sip on it.

"It's surprisingly nice." I smile. "How do you like your hot chocolate, in this warm weather." I laugh.

"Just great. Goes perfectly with the weather." She grins, taking a sip from her cup.

The cafe was pretty much empty, surprisingly, as we always avoid this cafe because of how busy it is. We actually managed to get a booth instead of sitting on a stool that was just placed way too close to the next stool.