Chapter Two

I play with the cards that were placed on the table in the waiting room in the doctors. Nathaniel made me go to the doctors as soon as I had the chance, I was up extremely early trying to book this last minute appointment. "They best give me a treat." I say dully, still playing with the cards.

"You're an eighteen-year-old, fat chance." Cassie scoffs. "Why do you even want a treat?"

I sigh, letting go of the cards I slouch back against the seat. "Because we had to come at eight in the morning, and its almost nine and we haven't been called in yet." I growl quietly.

"Are you being for rea-"

"Aasia Taylor?" The doctor interrupts Cassie. 

"Oh that's me." I say excitedly jumping off my seat. "You wait here, I won't be long. I hope." I shrug, walking towards the female doctor as she stood outside of her room.

She lets me in and tells me to take a seat on the stall beside her. "So Aasia, what seems to be the problem?" She asks, as she searches up my name on her computer and looks at my documents.

I watch her as she carefully types my name in, when she clicks on my name she doesn't see much records as the last time I came to the doctors was when I was a child, to get my required vaccinations done.

"I've been vomiting a lot, like a disgusting amount." I say squirming at the memory of me vomiting.

"When you say a lot, do you mean regularly or a heavy amount?" The doctor asks, ready to type in whatever I say.

I think for a second. "Both." I say firmly. "Especially during the early hours of the morning and midday." I say shrugging. "It's really bothering my sleep, and my husband's sleep also."

"Yes, it says here you're married?"

I nod.

"And you've only recently turned eighteen?" She asks, again sounding more like a statement than a question, considering she had all my records.

When she sees that I haven't replied, she looks at me and waits for a response. "Yes."

"Okay, have you been feeling fatigued, having mood swings, anything out of the ordinary?" She asks, as she types something into the notes area on her computer.

"Yeah, but I'm guessing it's probably just pre menstrual symptoms, I should be starting my period but I haven't." I shrug, as I grab my phone to see the time. I was only ten past nine.

"You're late for your period?" The doctor asks, as she analyses the symptoms and makes notes again.

I nod my head. "Yeah, two weeks maybe or more, I can't remember." I shrug. "I was just happy I wasn't starting." I smile to myself.

"Have you wondered maybe you're pregnant?"

"Pregnant?" I raise my eyebrows. "That was a funny joke." I say widening my eyes and letting out a brief laugh, shaking my head.

But the doctor wasn't laughing or smiling, her expression harsh but neutral she asks me again. "Have you wondered maybe you're pregnant?"

"I'm not pregnant, that's insane." I shake my head. "I'm eighteen." I throw my hands up in the air in confusion. I can't be pregnant.

"Well I'm going to book you in for an ultrasound just so we can see what's going on with your internal organs, or if you are actually pregnant." The doctor types more notes into her computer and prints off the sheet.

She hands me the sheet back. "You'll be called in ten minutes for a scan, please take a seat in the waiting area."

Raising my eyebrows, I shove the sheet into my pockets and walk out the room. I can't be pregnant, the thought of being pregnant hadn't even wondered into my mind, not once. I walk over to Cassie and take a seat near her.